Comments Please

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Comments Please

Post by jim d, »

BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

I saw that too Mr. Jimd... but since Im clueless about it (and many other things) I let it be. A few familiar names on the bidding history tho.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Jim D
I know these are rare and extremely hard to come by and could very well be in that price range,But I don't know something doesn't seem right about it. the pic of the tang stamp case the letters seem to be different sizes although it could be the pic for such and old knife it's damn near perfect cause it had to be restored.I only know one guy who could do as good a job as that. the guy selling it is reputable as far as I know he is the author of that switchblade book which he now has on CD. He used to post over at TSF then one day got all huffy and left.Hopefully Bill strolls in and gives his opinion on it.
PB
Last edited by Pushbutton on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Mr. Jim D:

:cry: :cry:

SD
omega

Post by omega »

Some serious players in that auction!

The Master (whoever he is) has always seemed to have deep pockets.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I never liked Case knives, so I never looked into these. I have been assured they are real, but it looks like an awful design to me.
So- basically, I don't have a clue.
Bill
Last edited by Bill DeShivs on Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I never liked Case knives, so I never looked into these. I have been assured they are real, but it looks like can awful design to me.
Bill
They are legit knives, but I wouldn't recommend buying one through an auction, sight unseen. I've heard of people welding on new blades and all kinds of other tricks. There are a lot of very good restorers out there. Better to error on the side of caution on knives of this rarity and price range and have a very knowledgeable person check it out for you.
I've been told that the mechanisms are complicated and fragile, and they work by sliding the shield to the right. Ken
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Another fortune in springsteel.....
http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=718249
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

In my personal opinion, the knives are fairly rare, but the condition doesn't justify that price. Broken down knife by knife the price for that set is no deal. Ken
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!