FLOODING...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TESSA3

FLOODING...

Post by TESSA3 »

Hi all.
I see on the BBC news that
Prague and Austria is nearly
underwater due to the extreme flooding, lets hope our good buddies at Knifeshop, and Mr Tanto at Mikov are O.K. otherwise all our goodies will get well soggy...
Cheers.
TESSA3
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tessa3,

Thanks for the update. I wish they could send some of the rain to North Carolina, USA. We are having a terrible drought.

Jim
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I e mailed Tanto today because I saw about the flooding. Maybe he will read this and check in.

Jim, we are having mostly drought too.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Drier than Hillary's fundamental orifice here in So. California. This was the driest year since 1880 when they 1st started keeping records. (4.7" opposed to average 15")

The Falcon
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Send some of the rain out west they need it too, All those farms and those forest fires.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Hi,

Tanto said that the flooding is on the other side of the country from him, but that it was real bad.

We have been having a terrible drought here also. My spring that feeds my livestock watering tank is still going strong though
tanto

Post by tanto »

Hello all.

I really do appreciate your concern - fortunately I am on the other side of our country. We are experiencing some heavy rains right now but it is nothing compared to the flooding the western parts of our country are coming through. We had similar situation in 1997 (at one point over 30% of our country was under water) but at that time it was mostly agricultural land and smaller towns. Now the area affected is much smaller but the damage is enormous (right now they are talking about over 2 billion of USD). But we are already getting an international help and I am sure we will get over it. It might take some time but we will survive :-)).

If you want to see some pictures go here:

http://zpravy.idnes.cz/foto.asp?klic=16013

The web site is in Czech but the pictures do not need comments.
Here is one of them:
http://imgs.idnes.cz/domaci/A020815_3_M ... _Vrbno.jpg

David

http://www.mikovknives.com

PS: to those who have Mikovs on order: The shipments might be delayed a bit because the main post office terminal is in Prague. It now takes more than week to deliver packages within our country (was 2 days before the floods).
---------------

My knives + watches