bazar banger

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wingman

bazar banger

Post by wingman »

hey folks , here is the knife from old jake's collection .32 calber restored springer
Attachments
Picture 030.jpg
Picture 030.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 8193 times
wingman

Re: bazar banger

Post by wingman »

hey folks more pictures to come !!! yes it is legal to own!!! get an antique collector license .i have one,, "if you want to be squeaky-clean" because of his age, old jake might entertain offers
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There is no such thing as an "antique collector's license." The knife is classified as an NFA weapon under federal law, and requires registration and tax paid. If not already registered, it can not be made legal and possession would be a federal felony. Please stop giving incorrect information here.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

antique collector's license
There is a C&R License but that would not allow one to circumvent NFA laws
If not already registered, it can not be made legal and possession would be a federal felony. Please stop giving incorrect information here.
An SOT 2 might be able to register it on a form 1 otherwise it needs to be turned into the local ATF Field office.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
john

Post by john »

I am not at all familiar with this knife. Would you please describe it and how it functions?
Thank you,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Very cool knife pistol, but both Bill and Dark are correct. It should be registered but not too familiar with American laws on the subject.

http://www.garandgear.com/cnr_ffl_03

I have only seen one knife pistol from a fellow collector in Toronto, similar to the Unwin & Rodgers, Sheffield, knife-pistol in .25 caliber. A very cool design. Never seen one as a shell puller. 8)

http://www.horstheld.com/0-Unwin-Rodgers.htm
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

Very impressive knife, thanks for the picture. More specifications or pictures please.
wingman

Post by wingman »

WRONG AGAIN EINSTEIN !!!!! THIS KNIFE IS LISTED WITH THE ATF RELIC ACT ,THIS EXACT KNIFE CAN ACTUALLY BE FOUND AMONG THERE LIST OF RELICS. I WISH YOU WOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT,AND STOP CONFUSING PEOPLE. ''YOU CAN'T BE DOWN ON SOMTHING YOUR NOT UP ON"!!!!""
wingman

Post by wingman »

IF IT WAS UP TO EINSTIEN,,THIS WHOLE SWITCHBLADE FORUM WOULD BE BANNED!!!!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Prove it.
Because an item is on ATF's "curio and relic" list does not exempt it from NFA status.
See, old Einstein was a licensed gun dealer for 30 years or so.
I think the knife is very cool. I just don't want anyone getting in trouble. BATF has no sense of humor about these things.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Why must you type in all caps?

Also Einstein? Why would the inventor of "the theory of relativity" want to ban a forum on knives?
I just don't want anyone getting in trouble. BATF has no sense of humor about these things.
The ATF doesnt take well to this sort of thing, ask Randy Weaver or David Koresh about their run in's with the ATF.

As far as this item being on the list of curios & relics, I just checked and could not find it. Even if it was, Auto Ordnance Thompsons are also on the list, that does not make them any less machine guns.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
wingman

Post by wingman »

WARNING!!! those modern day knife makers ,that are making gunknives.are making a totally illegal product. they are considered a zip gun by ALL government agencies, knife makers,and gun makers have completely different standards .gun makers have a very
, very strict guide-line to follow.SECOND, they have a tendency to explode!!!! especially the muzzle loading type.because of the extreme outward gas expansion,they are considered a modern day pipe bomb!!! I have articles to prove this fact. "save your hands"
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

First off, anyone ,dealer or not is allowed to make their own home made guns, as long as it is not disguised as another object and meets the basic requirements (not of 12.7mm bore, minimum lengths for shotgun and rifle barrels, etc) then it is completely legal.

Secondly, black powder produces very little pressure when compared to modern cartridges. Saying that muzzle loading guns are more likely to explode makes little sense.
they are considered a zip gun by ALL government agencies
Cite your source

Also, I really dont understand why your punctuation is always so incredibly messed up, and you tend to type in capital letters, are you some kind of forum troll, or just 12?
wingman

Post by wingman »

This knife came in two styles that i know of, the plunger cocking mechanism found on the back,,and the lever type. The lever type,.i think is the later version. This is a high quality knife, not like the huntsman and the defender,that was made in the 1920'S. "CURIOUS STORY"- I found in one of my research books,written 40 years ago,about one of these knives found in the phlippines during ww2.In the picture of the unrestored knife ,the person claims his friends father found that knife in the philippines during ww2, COINCIDENCE? you be the judge.
Attachments
DSC00016.JPG
DSC00016.JPG (55.63 KiB) Viewed 8081 times
wingman

Post by wingman »

HEY, EINSTIEN AND DARK, DRY UP!!! YOU TWO PROBABLY LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE!! YOU TWO ARE THE BIGGEST FORUM TROLLS
I EVER SEEN!! DO YOU SIT ON YOUR COMPUTER ALL DAY CRITIQUING PEOPLE'S PUNTUATIONS,HUH!! YOU ARE BORING!!! GET A LIFE!!
for those other fine people that would like more info and pictures on this fine knife contact me PRIVATE . From olds jakes collection,
'the worlds fastest switchblade?" from france! stay tuned!