bazar banger

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: bazar banger

Post by Viking45 »

8) ... and there you have it.

Bill quit being a troll ,we're tired of your shenanigans. :lol:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I think I remember you trying to offer this unregistered AOW for sale at the beginning of the thread.

If you really think this is fine and legal then I'm sure you wont mind if I go ahead and send a link on over to the BATFE right?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

Very cool knife and interesting story. This two are earlier and modern versions of the same idea, the first one is an automatic, the second one looks like an automatic. Pictures are from a museum.
Attachments
tn_SAM_3839.JPG
tn_SAM_3839.JPG (448.92 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
SAM_3833.JPG
SAM_3833.JPG (421.6 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Vagabund wrote:Very cool knife and interesting story. This two are earlier and modern versions of the same idea, the first one is an automatic, the second one looks like an automatic. Pictures are from a museum.
JM Davis museum, or somewhere else? They look like something Davis would have had, but I don't recall seeing either of them there.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

dark2023 wrote: If you really think this is fine and legal then I'm sure you wont mind if I go ahead and send a link on over to the BATFE right?
:lol: :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
kniferdude

Post by kniferdude »

These Cut n Shoots have been around for like "forever." There is one in particular I think is really amazing, especially since it was being made as early as the 1870s. Its called the "Apache Knuckle Duster." Its a small revolver with a dagger blade and brass knuckles. It is exempt and listed as an antique. There is a clip on youtube along with its unique ammo. As far as laws concerned, each state has it's own laws governing post 1898 manufactured combination pistols. A few years back, I recall a Cut N Shoot event where custom makers competed. The special made ones can get really pricey, depending on the embellishments.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Federal law governs post 1898 guns. Especially these. State laws vary, but generally follow federal law on NFA weapons.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Federal law governs post 1898 guns. Especially these. State laws vary, but generally follow federal law on NFA weapons.
I should back this up by saying no state has laws which reduce or somehow lessen the restrictions of the Nation Firearms Act.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
wingman

Post by wingman »

dark2023 wrote:I think I remember you trying to offer this unregistered AOW for sale at the beginning of the thread.

If you really think this is fine and legal then I'm sure you wont mind if I go ahead and send a link on over to the BATFE right?
profound words razor !!
wingman

Post by wingman »

Razor_54 wrote:
dark2023 wrote: If you really think this is fine and legal then I'm sure you wont mind if I go ahead and send a link on over to the BATFE right?
:lol: :lol:
remember!! nobody likes a RAT!!!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Razor_54 wrote: If you really think this is fine and legal then I'm sure you wont mind if I go ahead and send a link on over to the BATFE right?
wingman wrote: remember!! nobody likes a RAT!!!
Alas, I beg to differ with you sir! Some people LOVE RATS - COPS, for instance...
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

No, Jerr, cops hate them too.

They come in handy, but anybody who trusts one is a fool.
(thirty years of experience speaking)
Life has no value, Death has a price
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

krakenten wrote:No, Jerr, cops hate them too.

They come in handy, but anybody who trusts one is a fool.
(thirty years of experience speaking)
:oops: :oops: :oops:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

OK, what's the definition of a troll? I don't think he meant an eater of children or someone who commits mayhem unless paid a fare for using the bridge above.

I have heard of people trolling the net, in that their only social life is the fictitious one they created online. Perhaps Wingman is saying Bill's only raison d'etre is to point out a few netiquette transgressions or suppressing facts that he doesn't agree with. However, rather than impressing us with his superior knowledge and experience, he resorts to name calling and other rudeness, which only demonstrates immaturity and paranoia, which seems all too familiar.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
exumer2687

Post by exumer2687 »

Pretty sure this thing is considered an "AOW" and requires a tax stamp, even if it IS c&r eligible.