Russian Switchblade Site

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Rubens Blades

Russian Switchblade Site

Post by Rubens Blades »

It's kind of wierd ,but neat to see a couple of my knives on this russian site. Thought you guys may want to check it out.

http://stiletto-italiano.com/11absgdhorn.htm
roadsideimports

Re: Russian Switchblade Site

Post by roadsideimports »

This is a good post to show that people will look at this 88 times so far but won't comment because they don't support anyone not in the circle of trust. But that is ok Jack Byrnes is nuts anyway so being cast out with Gaylord Myron "Greg" Focker isn't that bad.

What is shows is that two guys that are complete opposites can work together. One guy working on getting parts for guys that work on knives. You make me a better seller with understanding what parts go wrong, what could be made better and what I can offer. Then hopefully the favor is returned that I can say I made you a better maker or gave you a better ability to make things. Working together always makes for a better day. I know we don't see eye to eye on everything in life but we do see that working with one another is better all around and shows that Americans can turn things around that the world actually appreciates. We bring money into America from other places and help offset things which is a pretty cool thing at the end of the day because most people can't even understand how important that is. And even more important we get to have fun doing it.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

I know,I am starting to think that sharing on the forums is not such a good idea anymore. I have been watching what is going on and it has become obvious that it is no longer about the knives. It's more of my ego thing,or who is my friend thing. You can show them the coolest knives,and sites in the world and they won't say a word. But if you are part of the group,you can show them how to totally ruin a Mauro Mario restoration,do a horrible mangle on a knife, and you will be a hero even if your work looks rough and amature. Or you can post pics of a knife you worked on years ago,that everyone has already seen,and all of your buds will come in like minions and bury every other post on purpose. It's a childish game,and I do believe that is why most of the real knifemakers stay away.

But I see both sides of things,and also know that working on and making autos is a dying art. There are just not that many people doing it anymore. There are some new guys,but they have years to go,before the reach that pro level,and that is only if they stick with it.

So there will come a time when people may want work done or want to buy a knife and realize that that it is not possible. The makers they have treated well,may be too busy if they are still around. The makers,and sellers they have treated poorly will not work with them. It is an interesting time right now in the world of autos,I don't think some of the collectors realized they could also be blacklisted.
Last edited by Rubens Blades on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Contrary to what you say, you obviously still visit SD to be able to cite the MM recently posted.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Says who?,Maybe I am just well informed. There are a few "double agents" out there,and they love to tell me about this kind of stuff. It is funny that when I mention horrible work,that is where you go with it,and that is who you think of. There has been more than one bad M M resto posted on the forums.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Rubens Blades wrote:I know,I am starting to think that sharing on the forums is not such a good idea anymore. I have been watching what is going on and it has become obvious that it is no longer about the knives. It's more of an ego thing,or who is my friend thing. You can show them the coolest knives,and sites in the world and they won't say a word. But if you are part of the group,you can show them how to totally ruin a Mauro Mario restoration,do a horrible mangle on a knife, and you will be a hero even if your work looks rough and amature. Or you can post pics of a knife you worked on years ago,that everyone has already seen,and all of your buds will come in like minions and bury every other post on purpose. It's a childish game,and I do believe that is why most of the real knifemakers stay away.No, Nemo-it's not a game. A game is when you and your buddy attempt to "take over" a forum. Many of the pics I have posted have not been seen by people here. You seem to follow what I do quite closely.

But I see both sides of things,and also know that working on and making autos is a dying art. There are just not that many people doing it anymore. There are some new guys,but they have years to go,before the reach that pro level,and that is only if they stick with it.So, you are threatening people that you won't work on their knives? How silly.You seem to have a very inflated ego about you abilities. What you don't realize is that your acting like a banty rooster is making you look desperate.

So there will come a time when people may want work done or want to buy a knife and realize that that it is not possible. The makers they have treated well,may be too busy if they are still around. The makers,and sellers they have treated poorly will not work with them. It is an interesting time right now in the world of autos,I don't think some of the collectors realized they could also be blacklisted.
Making threats is not taken lightly here. No one is clamoring for your (or my) work. But "blacklisted??? You have the utter gall to come to a site sponsored and hosted by an Italian knifemaker instrumental in the resurgence of knife collecting and threaten to blacklist buyers?"
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
roadsideimports

Blacklisting customers is totally acceptable behavior. If forum members can go out of their way to post negative and slander on sellers then the same freedom in the First Amendment is allowed for all sellers. Sellers should post information of the negative behavior of buyers and their childish behavior so that other sellers can be warned of this just the same as buyers seem to think it is a good idea to do to sellers.

Did anyone increase the FONT size to make it like it was a yelling match other than you do. People can have a discussion, we don't have to agree, like I said I don't agree with people either all of the time but that doesn't give me the right to change my behavior especially if I am suppose to be a monitor and a medium of fairness like Bill you think you are. I am not angry not going to call you names but will point out some flaws in things for certain.

I am just a guy that gets tired of nonsense, if I wanted to take this over Bill I would put some money down and sponsor it, but why when there is nothing but bad mouthing and egos. You think it is funny that a person is banned on one forum and then he is banned on everything and then rumors start about it and then the slander. Grow up as well. Aren't you a better man than that Bill?

He is totally right that the real knife makers and some real knife collectors won't go on the forums because of the behavior, guys that have so much to offer, more knowledge than you or me 1000 times over but the attitudes drive the guys away. That is sad and a fact of what has happened and the Italians should pay attention to this fact and the fact that items are not up to par with quality as complaints are made about things because it is not the seller that should be slammed over it.

This time you guys joined our conversation, not the other way around, but see how maturity works, people on the SD forums did see it, it is about time that someone has a voice for the opposition instead of just getting frustrated and letting it happen like it has for the last decade and maybe just then maybe the real experts that put all of us to shame will take the time to bless us all with their knowledge.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

No, Nemo-it's not a game. A game is when you and your buddy attempt to "take over" a forum. Many of the pics I have posted have not been seen by people here. You seem to follow what I do quite closely.

So, you are threatening people that you won't work on their knives? How silly.You seem to have a very inflated ego about you abilities. What you don't realize is that your acting like a banty rooster is making you look desperate.

Making threats is not taken lightly here. No one is clamoring for your (or my) work. But "blacklisted??? You have the utter gall to come to a site sponsored and hosted by an Italian knifemaker instrumental in the resurgence of knife collecting and threaten to blacklist buyers?"[/quote]

Wow,you seem quite hostile,and in response to your words. I am not Nemo,and I am not attempting to take over any forum. I simply post work sometimes and I am very hit and miss with it. I do not come here every day and I do not feel like posting pics all the time,so I just throw a few up every once and a while. I do not follow what you do in any way,and I think you really need to tone down the ego a bit.

I am not making any threats at all. I have made it very clear that I do not work for the general public,so to say I won't work on certain peoples knives could never be perceived as a threat,it is simply a fact that I cannot avoid. I will stick to what I have said all along. I am not allowed to work for the general public,just part of the rules I have to follow to be legit. I am simply commenting on what I have read on this and various other forums and giving my opinion.

You seem to comment quite a bit on me,and you do this,not knowing me. The people that really know me,know I do not have an ego about my knifemaking. I am just a normal guy,who lives a normal life, that likes to work on knives,that's it. Sometimes my knives come out cool,sometimes not,that is just life.

You are clearly trying to make trouble,and what you are doing on many various fronts is obviously childish and petty in my opinion. You are trying to stop me from speaking my mind and give my opinion in a manure,adult fashion,and let's be honest,it is not your place to do this for many reasons.

and as for your last comment,I love the italian makers and think their knives are great,and I am sure if they read my posts,they will see guy that is not out of control,jealous,or causing trouble. I am simply a person expressing an opinion. That is what the forums are supposed to be about. That is why they were created in the first place.

I also think that they should take a closer look at some of their mods on the forum,some seem to be way more out of control than the people they are supposed to be monitoring.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Almost forgot. "my buddy" and myself combined are responsible for hundreds,maybe thousands of new knives hitting the market. So I think that, in and of itself should give us the freedom to post on a forum such as this,without being attacked. Even if you don't like us,we are actually doing more good for the hobby than many others have been able to do in the last 10-15 years.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have seen the treatening private messages you sent to one of the members here. "Things are changing."
You don't seem to understand-we are LETTING you guys post here. There is no 1st amendment right here. You have already been banned on most knife forums.
BTW, I typed in bold so people could discern my responses to you.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
roadsideimports

Is that a fact that you know for sure? See slander is making a false statement that is not true so you have to be careful with that. Just because I got banned on one website bladeforum because members thought it funny to say I was a racist and a wigger and I simply came in to ask which one I was because I can't be both. That was the real reason for that one any other claims we can discuss and I will be happy to get a lawyer and press the matter or do it myself because I am well versed in it. Like I said slander on the SD forum came to a close it took alot for you to admit it, you finally did make a post that is a step in the correct direction for sure. We don't have to like one another that is fine. It is how you conduct yourself, I got alot of business out of what happened on SD because of how things came to be said. So being banned on one forum is not grounds for that statement either Bill. Nothing was confrontational it was a conversation and you did take it upon yourself to attack Ruben for no reason at all, changing font size was a clear indicator and I don't agree with the indicator part that seems very untrue as a statement. I am glad you are back to a normal font again shows you are changing your behavior for the better. Again repeated threats and saying we are banned all over the internet is just untrue, it is more like I don't find it fun to post things because you find it necessary to attack people that you happen not to like, I am glad Bob does not allow that to happen.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Don't worry about my behavior. Worry about your own.
And don't threaten me. I know quite a bit more about you than you think, and you apparently know little about me.
Why are you guys even here?
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I have seen the treatening private messages you sent to one of the members here. "Things are changing."
You don't seem to understand-we are LETTING you guys post here. There is no 1st amendment right here. You have already been banned on most knife forums.
BTW, I typed in bold so people could discern my responses to you.

I have never sent a threatening message,I may warn people to stop talking trash about me behind my back,but that is about it. It is perfectly acceptable to protect your image and business. I may have also said that I am sick of the lies being spread,and your posts here are perfect examples.

You have been very wrong about a great many things when it comes to Roadside and myself and I think it's time you took a step back to properly assess the situation. Maybe a vacation is in order,or whatever would help you relax.

Things ARE changing,and probably for the better. people are no longer allowed to bully other people on this forum.With one exception,you. I would like to know why you are allowed to spew hate and lies and no one else is. It is a double standard that needs to be corrected.

I would like to know who the "WE" are when you start talking about banning people for expressing their opinions in a mature adult fashion. Are you telling me that you are an owner of this forum? Are you telling me that you are the head honcho in charge? Are you bending and breaking the rules in your effort to try and prove you are right, about something when you are clearly wrong? I am totally confused by your post and I think may need you to be more precise and clear. Vague threats have no place here. If I was a mod,I would warn you about your posts and tell you to cool it.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Why are you guys even here?

I think the real question when you take into account recent events is, Why should we not be here?

What I mean by this is simple. I am a custom maker that has been around for about 20 years,I do restorations,repairs,make knives from scratch. I also make fixed blades,work on balisongs, do a few restorations for museums,and sometimes even forge my own steel.I have hundreds of pictures I could share,that no one has ever seen. I can offer advice to people that need help with repairs and such. I enjoy seeing collections and new knives,so tell me Bill,why should I (Rubens Blades) NOT be here?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Because you have a nasty habit of stirring up trouble.
"We" are the moderators of the forum. It is a privately owned forum. People have never been bullied here, by me or anyone else.
I have spread no lies about anyone. I wouldn't waste my time.