15 in. Ring Pull

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

15 in. Ring Pull

Post by jim d, »

Does anyone know if these will go from prototype to reality?

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=716734

Jim
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I could use a new key ring ornament :lol:

SD
omega

Post by omega »

If Horn is saying that HE can't afford to keep them both, the reserve must be $2000
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Omega,

Given that there are only 3 in the world, I'm sure the legitimate value is quite high. My interest is whether there is a plan to put these into routine production, and thereby put them into the affordable (for us mere mortals) range.

Jim
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

If "Horn" has it I can't buy it anyway :cry: I didn't feel the last knife I bought off of him on BA met the description and I asked about getting a refund. He told me I could, but if I did then I had to agree NEVER to bid on another blade he offered. The other knife I got from him before was nice, but I went ahead and bit the bullet and returned the one that had the repaired scales that weren't mentioned in the auction. Guess I didn't really want to deal with someone with that policy anyway. :wink:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:roll: i don't know jim,maybe i'm just getting cynical in my old age,but it sounds a little fishey to me,shoot the man an email and see what he has to say :? tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:roll: hollowdweller,i had a similar exp with horn,i bought a nice 15 inch from him but was not told of a few minor flaws,i didn't send the knife back but have not delt with him since. tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

these are not a new design. :roll: i would not pay big bucks for one. :roll: who stamps their name in gold anyway? :shock: WELL SUSS, in my opinion! :? cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
komodo

Post by komodo »

I posted this in the other "15" Ring Pull" thread:

"I saw that Stag ring pull in person, along with it's "sister" in Horn, they're both FANTASTIC knives! They were made special order, for the guy who has it up for auction (Horn), and the quality is un-f'ing-believable! Whoever ends up buying it, is going to have something really special in their collection!
It would have been me, but the price Horn was asking at the time, was a little more than I could afford. :( The knife is worth it, with out a doubt, I just didn't have enough cash."

When I was talking with Horn about the knives, I asked him if he knew if they were going to go into production. He didn't know.
I, for one, hope they do put out a production run of them in all sizes. The recent re-releases of some of the old-time knives have been a great way to collect knives that I wouldn't be able to afford if I had to pay the price for the original antique. If they do come out with a production run, I hope they maintain the level of quality of the 15's that I saw, even if they have to charge top dollar for them. Anything less would be a major disappointment.

John
If it's not fun, why do it?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

John,

You wrote: "I, for one, hope they do put out a production run of them in all sizes. The recent re-releases of some of the old-time knives have been a great way to collect knives that I wouldn't be able to afford if I had to pay the price for the original antique."

That is an important point for many of us, me included. Additionally, having new reincarnations adds the benefit of the therapeutic fidget factor. Do you fire your fish style switchblades? If you had (maybe you do?) an origional Latama fish style switchblade would you fire it repeatedly? I enjoy being able to go to my display cases, pick out any knife and not feel guilty about firing it.

Jim
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I'd love to see somebody do a reintroduction of the Zoppis camper models with the shotshell puller :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

hollowdweller wrote:I'd love to see somebody do a reintroduction of the Zoppis camper models with the shotshell puller :D
How can I agree strongly enough so no-one misunderstands?
This would be a fantastic knife to do a recreation on!!!!!!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

jim - i think you should buy it! :D

it looks beautiful!
komodo

Post by komodo »

jim d, wrote: Do you fire your fish style switchblades? If you had (maybe you do?) an origional Latama fish style switchblade would you fire it repeatedly? I enjoy being able to go to my display cases, pick out any knife and not feel guilty about firing it.
Jim,
No original Fish's, but yes, I do play with the new ones every time I open up the chest. Especially the small ones! Same thing with the Catalana's, Swing Guards. and Pick Locks. I have one, original, Red Dot Swing, that sit's right next to a bunch of new Swings, that never sees any action at all.
It kind of defeats the purpose of having a switchblade, if you're afraid to open them! LOL! Considering the price of the antiques, I fully understand not wearing them out any more than absolutely nessisary. Whenever someone shows me one of their knives, I always ask if I can fire it. Most of the time, they'll say: "Let me do it for you." then press the button while holding the blade down, and gently, open the blade manually. That's fine for them (hey, it's their knife), but for me, I'd much rather have knives that I can play with from time to time.

John
If it's not fun, why do it?
missaman

Post by missaman »

I think the market determines the value of an item. I had high bid on the card of edgemaster knives. the reserve was twice the high bid. I did not bid on them the second time they went up. and the high bid was the same as mine. Jim looks like the current marlet value is 227.00 :wink: