knife wounds

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

You got it,,Vagrant..Can't call for backup anymore..Thats why i have a Springfield .45 with hollow points and a .44 Bulldog, which i sometimes carry, even if don't have a permit....
I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six....
Perhaps it's time to tell them you'd rather be a LIVE American than a DEAD Canadian Cop and head south.
Still have to convince the ball and chain, but thats a possiblity....
A friend has a Taurus 10mm for sale, have been thinking about it...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Gort

Re: knife wounds

Post by Gort »

I have, let me count here, one, two, three, four,
uh, yep 4 knife induced scars.
slappy / psychoticsumo wrote:just wondering, as we all here love blades, has anyone actually gotten stabbed/slashed?
[snip]
-Gort
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Can we add one from a screwdriver wound. Actually even though it took three stiches, it didn't leave a scar. Best suture job I ever had and it was a Dentist that sewed it up. [Long story]
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Mr. Vagrant, if I may know please tell that long story. And If I was to move to the states which state would be the best for laid back knife and gun laws? Arizona low gun control and no knife control, Oregon Modreate knife (3.5" blade length to carry auto unless your hunting or camping etc.) control (Weed legal as long as it's on your own proptery) and I don't know about the gun control. Vermont Werid Switchblade carry law (no more then 3") but I can carry a concealed pistol for self-defence no questions asked.
Maybe Ohio where you can possess and carry wepaons for self-defence it's just you can't sell autos to normal people (just like in NH) but you can carry and possess I'm not too sure 'bout there gun control.

Razor, I agree I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

J-man,

North Carolina where I live has reasonable laws regarding possession of weapons, but relatively strict laws for those who use weapons in the commission of a crime.

Given the creative wit of certain forum members, I eagerly anticipate an appropriate tirade regarding the laws of certain states such as Cal. and Mass.

Jim
J-man

Post by J-man »

NC was on my list too, How could I forget it and what about KY? Lot's of em but I'm wondering which would probably be the most laid back knife and gun laws in one.
J-man

Post by J-man »

NC was on my list too, How could I forget it and what about KY? Lot's of em but I'm wondering which would probably be the most laid back knife and gun laws in one.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

J-Man,
I think you'll find that compromise is needed on the Gun/Switchblade
issue. You seem to have more knowledge of various state laws than I do.
Vermont's pistol law prohibts only "FELONS and VAGRANTS" from carrying
concealed. "I object your Honor, it dosen't say "THE VAGRANT". As far as I know aliens are not excluded, so you would not have to wait until you were a citizen to carry. [ALWAYS check things like that with a lawyer to be safe].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor,
and a .44 Bulldog
Great choice in a Wheelgun and a cult gun to a degree. When I carry mine I load it with Winchester Silvertips. Even though I'm an Auto man mostly, my "glovebox gun" is an Astra double action revolver in .45 Colt.
[Wincheter Silvertips again]. Two speed loaders for back-up and I don't
feel at all "undergunned". In hunting season I sometimes switch to a Ruger Redhawk in .41 magnum. I prefer the Astra for defense because it is less likely to shoot through an attacker and into a bystander. This is a point to think about in those areas that prohibit hollowpoints those laws may cause innocent people to be hit along with the guilty due to over-penetration of solid points.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

J-man,
I'll shorten the story some. Years ago I worked repairing dental equipment. One day while prying the hose off a suction pump I ran a screwdriver into my hand. I asked the Dentist to inject novacaine so I could sew it up myself. He took one look and said "I better do that".
I did not argue and let him do it. It is still the best suture job I ever had, no scar at all. I don't want to say more than that because he could get in SERIOUS trouble with both the American Medical Association, and the American Dental Association for doing a "Medical Procedeure" not a Dental one. But if he ever happens to find this forum or even if he doesn't I want to publically say "Thanks Doc. fantastic job".
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant,

How often did you have to rinse and spit while Dr. Happy Tooth was sewing you up? :lol:

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Several times, I was salivating because all the [Female] assistants and hygenists came into watch the procedure.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Also like the Astra..Used to have a LLama in .380, very reliable. Now that i purchased the PPK in .380, might start carry it on a regular basis...Emptied a few clips this weekend, with only 2 jams....Maybe some work on the ejector is required...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Steely Dan

KNIFE WOUNDS

Post by Steely Dan »

Well now I recieved many over the years, self-inflicted (accidently).
The best was when i was about age 14, went to stop a fight between my cousin and another guy after fishing, caught it just next to the family jewels! Never stopped a fight since! wonder why?

When I was 16 some jerk pulled a zipgun on me, I grabbed it away from my chest, went thru my hand between thumb and first finger, felt like someone smashed my hand with a sledgehammer.

Now I keep a .45 auto in the truck, and a NAA cal.22 mini derringer in my pocket. :twisted:

Steely Dan
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Steely,

I love my North American Arms .22 revolver - more fire power per ounce than any other gun! And you can carry it in a shirt pocket or even stick it your sock.

The Falcon