knife wounds

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
slappy / psychoticsumo

knife wounds

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

just wondering, as we all here love blades, has anyone actually gotten stabbed/slashed?

i was in highschool, i went to take a leek at lunch, and this dude pops outta the stall and says "gimme that chain" (from around my neck) well i proceed to tell the dude "fuck you", and i saw his hand come up and a flash coming at my face so i threw my arm up and got stabbed right in the elbo, i pulled my arm back and an otf was stickn outta me (nato millitary cheapo) well he freaked out at the site of the blood and the dude took off running outta the can. so i pulled the knife outta my arm (i thought it was a cool knife at the time) and wrapped my flannel around the wound and ran to the nurses office to get patched up, i said i fell on a broken bottle crossin the street (was on lunch period) but i kept the knife and as much as i looked i never saw the dude again lucky for him :twisted:
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

That's a mighty rough way to get a free knife!

The Falcon
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

I dropped a knife while barefooted one time. Murphy's Law being in effect, I caught it on the top of my right foot with the knife pointy end down. Went in about 1/4". Bled a little. Hurt to walk for a day or two.

Greyblade
Dare

Post by Dare »

I attempted to open a razor-sharp butterfly knife once. I held the wrong handle when I started flipping it around, so instead of the back of the blade hitting my fingers....That was twenty years ago (13 yrs old) and the scar as well as the memory remains.
Sometimes there's Justice
Sometimes there's "Just Us"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

All my wounds were accidental. One of the worst was when I ran into one in a vice [point out of course]. It went into my hand so far that i pulled it out of the vice when I reflexively jerked my hand away. I had to wiggle it back and forth to get it out of my hand. This caused what Doctors call "considerable discomfort".
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Perhaps all blades should be tempered in morphine.

The Falcon
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Falcon,
Perhaps all blades should be tempered in morphine.

Why didn't I think of that?????
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I don't know if this counts but when I was about 7 years old I was trying to cut the wheels off of a hotwheels car with one of my moms steak knives and sliced my left index finger to the bone. She said we should go to the hospital for stitches but I refused to go. I got an excellent scar out of it though.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

No knife wounds, but have been shot a couple of times...Maybe just lucky...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Bali-Flipper

Post by Bali-Flipper »

No one knows knife wounds like those of us who are balisong practicioners. I have many many scars on my hands most not to bad but a few that are very visable and 2 on my feet (dont flip barefoot :? ). All I can say Is "Thank you Polysporin" :D

<--==Living Without Balisong Is Like Living Without Oxygen==-->
<>-=They Can Take My Life But I Won't Let Them Take My Balis-=<>
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor
If you have to be shot, a .25 auto [or smaller] is the way to go.
If it goes through a door first that is even better. This is way I got it.
It feels like a punch not stab. With all that gun control I thought the crooks
didn't have any weapons. [I'll bet that's what the politicians claim]
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I wish they were only .25. One that was taken out of my side was a .38 special, i was lucky it deflected off the side of my vest...Also a 9mm in my thigh, this one went right through...
The crooks here in Canada are better armed then the cops...The uniform cop carries a .38 special, while some plain cloths are now carry Glocks. I myself favor a 9mm Beretta, to bad i had to give it back when i left the force.....
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Razor your right, my town has alot of gang violence for small town but reallly it's a bunch of towns together with the O.P.P HQ on the outskirts. I know guys who carry a Mac 10 or a Bennli Small Tatcial Shotgun or a Berretta M95 and the cops are with glocks and maybe just maybe one is smart enough to carry adlest a Berreta. A glock is good if you have the oppiturinty to shot the full cartiage at close range, so it's really only for show, it's more of an semi-automatic lowpowered Uzi then anythingelse.

And to stay a little on topic my worst finger wound was in my early stages of snaping open lockbacks that arent mean't to be one handed openers, I still have this half C on thumb it's permentally changed my finger print, I was fooling around with a brand new Schrade Greed Dralin Oldtimer lockback. Only if I had nails then. The worst attack was a slice in my shin after a jump, of course I bit the guy's hand who was holding my mouth (I was flat on my back) and then they just ran. Fucking Cowards, of course I got every single shot from a hospital and I didn't get aids or nothin. I bleed a little you can hardly see the scar now. Other then that maybe a wee cut on the finger thats all.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor,
So after x-number of years putting away y-number of low-lifes [some of whom might hold a grudge] they turn you loose a say "No guns now, someone might get hurt" Now you can't call for back-up, now you don't have a partner in the car they say "GOOD LUCK and by the way thank's"? [I know the answer but for those who don't please confirm that is their idea of gratitude].
This is going to sound VERY American but once you are on your own that
is the time to put away that silly 9mm and get on with your life with at LEAST a .40 S&W [preferably a .45 ACP or 10mm] as your companion.
Perhaps it's time to tell them you'd rather be a LIVE American than a DEAD Canadian Cop and head south.
If only the Police have Guns it's called a Police State.
If even the Police don't have Guns it's a Dictatorship.
Feel free to quote any or all of this to anyone you want.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

There are parts of Los Angeles that if you ran out of gas, it wouldn't make any difference what you were armed with - you'd be dead meat before the Auto Club arrived. That's if the tow truck guy was brave enough to even go there. If your car dies - you die.

The Falcon