is switchbladekits.com legit?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
young cutlery

is switchbladekits.com legit?

Post by young cutlery »

http://www.switchbladekits.com/index.php
i hate to be this guy, but has anyone used this site, because i want to order from them, but first i want to know if its legit
Hell yeah brother
Chrisadamley

Re: is switchbladekits.com legit?

Post by Chrisadamley »

It says its run by Exiled Exports. I think JB runs that try contacting him.

I am unclear whether that is an old site, or if he runs multiple sites in conjunction with roadside.

He doesn't have the best customer service skills so be forewarned on that. But as far as i have heard, and experienced in my purchases you will get what you order.
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

Chrisadamley wrote:It says its run by Exiled Exports. I think JB runs that try contacting him.

I am unclear whether that is an old site, or if he runs multiple sites in conjunction with roadside.

He doesn't have the best customer service skills so be forewarned on that. But as far as i have heard, and experienced in my purchases you will get what you order.
thank you, i have made contact with the company and he responded very quickly
Hell yeah brother
TomcatPC

Post by TomcatPC »

Thanks for posting this link. I'm considering getting this kit sometime in the near future. I tend to like the American made switchblades, but would like to have at least one iconic Italian Switchblade, "just to have". Are these kits actually Italian made knives?
Mark

http://www.switchbladekits.com/index.ph ... etail&p=13
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

TomcatPC wrote:Thanks for posting this link. I'm considering getting this kit sometime in the near future. I tend to like the American made switchblades, but would like to have at least one iconic Italian Switchblade, "just to have". Are these kits actually Italian made knives?
Mark

http://www.switchbladekits.com/index.ph ... etail&p=13
I don't think that the 16$ ones are, I think those are china, however I think all of the one that are more than that are real Italian, I may be wrong but I don't think you can buy a real Italian for less than 50,(assuming it is fair full size auto)
Hell yeah brother
Nemo Knives

Post by Nemo Knives »

That is a great site and the guy that runs it is also a good fellow. I do believe he is going for high quality parts,so everyone that wants to work on knives has them available to them. I have designed a few things on there and used just about every part he has listed at one point or another and I can say it's a great site for a beginner or an old timer......Nemo
TomcatPC

Post by TomcatPC »

I think I might just end up ordering one of the cheaper kits anyway...just because LOL.
Mark
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

young cutlery wrote:http://www.switchbladekits.com/index.php
i hate to be this guy, but has anyone used this site, because i want to order from them, but first i want to know if its legit
He's on the level.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Good to know! I had never come across the site before. Defiantly has some interesting things on there.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

i ordered a few items from site. i will let you guys know turn around and quality of product :)
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

I've dealt with him, no problems here
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

muskrat man wrote:I've dealt with him, no problems here
Hi ive dealt with him before also and no problems my question was about the quality of the parts mainly the italian stiletto parts :) . have you yourself ever used the flat or square leaf springs from there ? i think they sell them in 12" lengths . i know you have to bend them yourself but was wondering if you had to heat treat them after you bend them . :?
Thanks Bernie *** Folgore Knives USA ***
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I bought this knife already put together. I did my homework and found the company that made it then they had me go through a distributer to buy it. switchbladekits.com is selling the same knife for $30 more than I paid already assembled. If you want this combination this site might be the only place to get it.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
john

Post by john »

JB is ok guy. I have had many conversations via email. Some people find him difficult to deal, but I have never had a problem with him. Buyer beware is my motto.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Grim

Post by Grim »

I just ordered a sex spring kit for one of my 9 inch stilettos from this site fast shipping legit site
DONT TREAD ON ME