UK source required for film use ASAP

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
titas

UK source required for film use ASAP

Post by titas »

Hello out there
I am urgently seeking two identical black handled switchblade/ flick knives for use in a film in Edinburgh. In the UK these weapons are banned but they are for film use only and will be blunted immediatly I receive them. If you know of any source for these within the UK preferably, then please email me asap. The budget is tight for these, but I'm not looking for anything particularly special. ($20-$30 each) In the film there will be a single shot of the blade flicking open, then it is used in a fight. I appreciate your assistance.
regards
Carter
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Re: UK source required for film use ASAP

Post by arthas »

You can buy the on SKM web site, probably you might want to look in the Cheap Stiletto section and choose express carrier as shipping method. Even though they're shipped from Italy, you should have no problem getting them in the UK.
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

You need to go to http://www.switchblade-knives.it/ and as Dex suggested get a couple of cheap switchblades.You wont need to blunt them as they come fairly blunt anyway so dont worry about it.
Switch-blades arent actually illegal in the UK,my mate TESSA can show you a site that has the full write up on the UK law regarding knives and its very interesting.The law basically states that you can not buy them in the UK or sell them BUT you can buy them from abroad,you can then keep them in your own property legally but if you carry them outside your in breach of the law.So if your intending on using the blades indoors dont worry about it but if you want to use them outside then watch out for the rozzers as they will confiscate them.Delivery from that site takes 2 days to reach the UK and the quality is excellent,good luck with your film. :D

:twisted: BRE/\/STER :twisted:
So you wanna play rough huh??
Say hello to my little friend!!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Brentster's right, goto ab/skm and get em' since you live in europe it will get to you in no time even with air mail.
titas

Post by titas »

Thanks for the leads guys. I'll get on to it right away.
tanto

Post by tanto »

E-mail me and I will send you one for free. I got it as a sample with catalog and do not know what to do with it. It is not sharp at all either ....

David
---------------

My knives + watches
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Tanto how come your so nice? (this is one of those questions were I don't expect an awnser) well if Tiny doesn't get anymore Mikov's then I have to pay 100 dollars for an ABS handled one, or pay hundred with shipping for a stag one from you. And when are the Multi-bladed ones coming, I wouldn't mind a mikov (infact I'd love it) with a saw, bottle opener etc. w/ stag handles. Good for camping, hunting , fishing etc. but I hope the quality standards will be the same when that time comes. Or I'd be really pissed off! Actually I wouldn't mind that freebee or is it only for titas?
tanto

Post by tanto »

Hey J-Man :) I am nice to everybody :)..... Anyway, I am not sending him a Mikov but italian stiletto I got together with a catalog from one italian company. The knife is useless for reglar use and I thought it would be good for his purposse. I wanted to give it to someone else before but was affraid I would offend him :wink: But when I get another one I will send it to you, OK?

BTW my prices are on my web site (shipping included) and they are the same for Canada too - but if you want to send me 100 USD for a abs handled piece I would not mind :D

David
---------------

My knives + watches