1950's 13" Coricama Red Dot Picklock Kris Blade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
polaria

Re: 1950's 13" Coricama Red Dot Picklock Kris Blade

Post by polaria »

I know next to nothing about automatic knives, but that blade is really beautiful. I'm sure it was a good deal.
morrissey

Post by morrissey »

@Viking45- Thank you! :) Yeah, finding a gem like this is a real rare occurrence out here in CA as well. Actually, people are so anal retentive about the automatic knife laws in CA that they don't even display switchblades at the Gun and Knives show, for fear of getting busted...at least the shows that I have been to over the years anyway.

Note- I called the gentleman who sold me the knife and I left a message informing him that I am going to stop by his shop again this weekend (it is over an hour away) and mentioned that if he has any other knives from his collection, that he is willing to sell, I would love to check them out. Sooooo...we'll see what happens. Needless to say, I will be sure to keep everyone posted. Who knows, maybe I will strike Gold twice! :wink:
john

Post by john »

Very cool knife. You really found a knife that all collectors would like to own. Good luck this weekend.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

Pure beauty, nice find there.
douglip

Post by douglip »

I was just given a coricama red dot, plastic inlay, not painted, kriss blade 11 inches long. It is in perfect condition. Any ideas on the value?
douglip

Post by douglip »

I was just given an 11 inch Coricama with inlaid red dot and kriss blade. It is in perfect condition. Got it from an old friend yesterday. I had no idea about it till I looked on the net. Still wondering about its rarity / value. Not looking to get rid of it though.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Can't seem to find the pictures of the coricama.
Would love to see such a great find morrissey ,beautiful knives and superb quality.
douglip
Can you post a picture of your knife also .
Rest assured its rare and sounds earlier than the 13" painted red dot ,but id rather leave valueing the knife to older members as none come up for sale this side of the pond.
Congratulations on such a great gift in advance ,Coricamas are stunning italian knives .

regards
gravknife
morrissey

Post by morrissey »

@Douglip- just saw your post and I can't wait to see pics of your 11" Coricama Kris. And you are smart to hold onto that knife, as it will only go up in value. According to our resident expert, Charlie aka Orangeboy, vintage Coricamas with Kris Blades are very rare. You are more prone to find a Coricama with a Bayonet blade than one with a Kris blade. But then again, ANY vintage Coricama is quite rare as they are some of the best made and most sought after Golden Age vintage Italian stilettos out of Maniago, Italy. Congrats on acquiring a Holy Grail vintage switchblade!

@gravknife- thank you for the compliments! I will take some pics and add them shortly. :)
morrissey

Post by morrissey »

Here ya go!
Attachments
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG (738.69 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG (796.2 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG (833.92 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0666.JPG (1002.14 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

wow what a great find , i myself have a coricama collection from smallest to biggest 5.5" up to 13" all bayonet blade and 9 11 and 13" are steel lined. the last 13" kriss Coricama i seen sold for 2000 or 2100 dollars, there was a collector in cali used to have bunch different sizes and was buying them up like crazy, he had some doubles in his collection and im pretty sure this is where orangeboy got his 13" kriss as the guy got out of collecting italian knives and sold most he had on auction and private sales.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow, that's really a great piece in great shape!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Thanks morrissey
That is just a beautiful switchblade. 8)
It has stunning horn and is in remarkably good condition overall ,someone has treasured it before yourself.
Thanks for the photos it brightened up a rainy morning in England.

Take care and good luck at the shop next time.

gravknife
DonC

Post by DonC »

Just saw the photos. What a fantastic find. Congratulations.
DonC
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

METALGOD wrote:wow what a great find , i myself have a coricama collection from smallest to biggest 5.5" up to 13" all bayonet blade and 9 11 and 13" are steel lined. the last 13" kriss Coricama i seen sold for 2000 or 2100 dollars, there was a collector in cali used to have bunch different sizes and was buying them up like crazy, he had some doubles in his collection and im pretty sure this is where orangeboy got his 13" kriss as the guy got out of collecting italian knives and sold most he had on auction and private sales.
I have an 11" kriss not a 13." Both are equally rare and probably only about 6 are know of a great. And some 9" have surfaced as welll.

There is even evidence that Coricama was producing some before the Patrizio kriss blade patent was granted.
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

You cat see my set of Coricamas on my website. I have added some others but you'll get the idea.

antiqueswitchbladeknives.com
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD