Superior Italy- new images from Maniago: The Blades marked

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
andrea

Superior Italy- new images from Maniago: The Blades marked

Post by andrea »

hey are now 5 years that I collect knives, a passion born by chance, fate would have it, you had an old knife that was my father's old Herbertz, otf, rectangular button and he decided to give it to me.
the knife did not work well and since that knife was of great sentimental value for me, I decided to look for someone to fix it.
The first attempts were disastrous, either because they could not find the craftsmen who could fix me, or because where I live (in Rome) there was no one who made knives like this, so I could not get from any useful information for this purpose .
One Fine Day passing a newsstand I saw a magazine that spoke only of knives, were called simply "Knives" I found in those pages are some examples of companies producing knives in a village that did not even know the existence, Maniago.
So one day, I took the car, and armatomi of courage and chutzpah, I went to Maniago to know Armando Beltrame from which I had previously purchased the knife and with whom I had begun to entertain friendly relations.
I knocked on the door of AB knives, where the sig.Armando Beltrame gave me the help I was looking for, along with some tips and a good dose encouragement and happy which is teaching me so much and I hope to go on this dream of mine to help him .
continue to estimate Armando every day more and I also take this opportunity to thank most sincerely and publicly. When I start 'adventure Who knew something you never said to not create hassles. And I have to say that they were very right. "Raising" someone who does the same your work, instruct, teach your techniques, your modus operandi your secrets (even the most hidden) can be detrimental and counterproductive if your "PROTECTED" one day, and they forgot the gratitude and loyalty (which are not of this world, or at least are not for everyone) to those who have taught you decide to competition, but in this case I found the great Armando who is teaching me so much as a father to a son.

Going back to what I was saying before, I'm not his father's footsteps, let alone I had protectors, which will pave the way, so it took months and months of research, commitment, dedication and sacrifices so that he could also get that time: learn how to build.
But now I do not wanna bore you and I present you the new tang stamp of Italy:
SUPERIOR-ITALY:
goal:
I collect as many of you friends Sharperdeal.
and now also pushed all the suggestions that are giving me, thanks again for your help, I'll need so much!
The idea stems from a fundamental principle for me.
collector who builds knives.
try to make knives as we want them and not require manufacturers.
products made with care at fair prices, without too much speculating about a passion of many who love these knives as me.
there is a lot of work behind a switchblade.
these are early prototypes,
heads in nickel silver are hand made by casting, stamped as it was 50 years ago, filework handmade knives engraved and punched.
change thickness, improved by increasing the quality, to the delight of all of us who love the traditional knife snap Italian.
I hope I was not boring, and HERE BEGINS THE ADVENTURE.

this and the first blade punched, and the design of the new bayo blade and the new fl into 9 inch.
hello all
Andrea
Attachments
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg (36.17 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
Superior italy blade bayo classic.jpg
Superior italy blade bayo classic.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
Last edited by andrea on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andrea

Re: the NEW TANG STAMP OF ITALY: Superior

Post by andrea »

THE HANDLESDESCRIPTION: FILEWORK
first from left: ram's horn light
2°: dark ram's horn
3°: buffalo horn
4°: cow horn black and white
5°: striated buffalo horn
6°: black and white buffalo
7°: african buffalo horn
8 °: honey horn
9°: French horn tip
10°: black and white cow horn (over white)
11°: indian buffalo horn
12°: black and white (more black)
13°: blond cow horn very light
14°: the tip of bovine
15°: French tip
Attachments
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg (29.09 KiB) Viewed 8498 times
cow horn handles (5).jpg
cow horn handles (5).jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 8500 times
cow horn handles (2).jpg
cow horn handles (2).jpg (36.18 KiB) Viewed 8500 times
robert01

Post by robert01 »

I hope see the photos of the new knives. not take long to make a reorder. big a greeting andrea. :wink:
monstro

Post by monstro »

IMO, the stamp on the blade seriously detracts from what is otherwise a very nice looking Stiletto.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

monstro wrote:IMO, the stamp on the blade seriously detracts from what is otherwise a very nice looking Stiletto.
What Mr. Monstro said...

The stamp is too large and iff'n "SUPERIOR" isn't the name of the company that makes or sells the knives it shouldn't even be there...

My ownself mos' humble (and totally worthless) opinion...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Most knife markings are not of the company that made the knife. Most markings are of the retailer.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I don't care for markings on the blade and prefer them on the tang.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Panzerfaust wrote:I don't care for markings on the blade and prefer them on the tang.
Excellent point :idea:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Vagrant wrote:
Panzerfaust wrote:I don't care for markings on the blade and prefer them on the tang.
Excellent point :idea:
I would also agree.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I don't care for the blade stamp either. Sometimes less is more, and those big gothic letters are too much. Those scales look beautiful though. I'd love to see some flat-grind/swedge blades on these too.

I'm a bit confused about the way Andrea is referring to the whole "Superior" thing though. Is this a new company, retailer, just a stamp, or what?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

BTB0923 wrote: I'm a bit confused about the way Andrea is referring to the whole "Superior" thing though. Is this a new company, retailer, just a stamp, or what?
Mr. BTB,

I'm not sure, but from what I understand from another thread (see "The New Tang Stamp from Italy?"), it's meant to indicate a "superior" product...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I'm all for a superior product, but blemishing the blade with graffiti is not the way to go. It makes a fine knife look like a cheap Taiwan clone. Just my opinion.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I kinda like the marking.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I would normally dislike a blade marking but the choice of lettering really strikes me as classy and tasteful.
Well done Maniago,I like what you have done.

"Stamp" being the operative term here as opposed to an etch.
I have always felt an etch is a way of saying "We want the world to know who made this product today but ten years from now no one will know who made it.

I speak for the USA,German-made and any other quality knife makers. Laser etch is absurd. If you make a product then take pride and tell the world you made it and make it clear and obvious. "Stamp the steel"

Again,I approve and very classy choice of "initialing" your product. Brovo
Razor_54 wrote:I'm all for a superior product, but blemishing the blade with graffiti is not the way to go. It makes a fine knife look like a cheap Taiwan clone. Just my opinion.
Good point my brother,but let's remember what the people were copying in the first place.
A deeply stamped tang/blade is quality in itself. I almost feel quality makers ran from that fact but now have come full circle and got back to what made them quality products in the first place.

AGA Campolin knew this and I take pride in owning his deeply stamped products.
Edit: For a "Limited Edition" run this blade stamp is spectacular,however a stamped tang marking for future knives should be taken seriously.
andrea

Post by andrea »

Sorry enthusiasm has led me to be unclear.
I hope now to make me understand the best way.
1° Top left: blond cow horn
2 ° buffalo horn
3 ° cow horn black and white
4 ° cow horn black and white
5 ° african buffalo horn
6 ° cow horn green-black and blonde
7th Asian buffalo horn
8 ° french tip
9th french tip with different shades
10 ° buffalo
11 ° buffalo with different shades
12 ° tip bovine