Superior Italy- new images from Maniago: The Blades marked

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
andrea

Re: the NEW TANG STAMP OF ITALY: Superior

Post by andrea »

hanks to your advice we have reduced the marking blade 2 mm.
now I hope you enjoy the new brand.
hello
Andrea
Attachments
little stamp.jpg
little stamp.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 10718 times
robert01

Post by robert01 »

big mark on the sheet can be very harmful to the knife, not for aesthetic quality. There are also other symbols that can make people see that it is a quality product or a product AB star. eg put a star next to the name of the manufacturer *, put a quality Q as cat makes the seal, or put the entire name of Armando Beltrame another fine example http://www.tiposde.org/img/letras%20goticas%201.jpg
as does the brand latama with SAMUEL POLK edition with the year of manufacture. instead of recorded by electrolysis could be done by stamping on the same sheet, you could also put a diamond beside the name, there are many examples. for my the markup of it has to be a pocketknife thin and detailed, but not a marked it like a cigarette lighter with a local advertising.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

These blades are laser engraved, not stamped.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
andrea

Post by andrea »

BTB0923 ha scritto:
Looks like you have some wonderful choices for scale material. Some real nice looking horn there Like many others have mentioned, I'd love to see some flat-grind / swedge blades. FLAT GRIND / SWEDGE = WIN I also agree with the folks mentioning that they'd like to see some more creative filework. Also, I think it would be great if the scales were flush with the bolsters.

I will say that I think the big gothic lettering is an eyesore. I think any stamp should be shrunk down as small as possible and put on the tang so as not to detract from the knife at all. I'll be perfectly honest too, I think the choice of wording "Superior - Italy" is a bit obnoxious, but to each their own.

I'm a little confused though about the wording in the original post. Is "Superior" supposed to be a new line of knives, new company, retailer, just a stamp, or what?

Hello thanks for your tips.
as I said these are just the first prototypes.
the target and to produce under the expert guidance of Armando Beltrame knives of higher quality than the traditional ones:
bolster full, steel, brass, and for these prototypes bolster 925 silver, not neglecting of course the nickel silver, the bolsters in this case are all tinned with the liners, which in the future on the large-scale production liners will be of greater thickness brass, different blades. (half grind, bayo standard, fl dagger damascus blade and Swedge, as I have recommended all of you.
for now these are prototypes and that is why I ask you to please advice. do not worry if you have any criticisms will be appreciated and taken into account to improve the product.
This is a project born to satisfy us for collectors and custom knives for us.
the brand is SUPERIOR ITALY only to distinguish the craftsmanship of the knife. but it is a new brand mark all those like me who would like to have a custom knife, I hope that the desire to hear this brand for all of us collectors come in the right way, I was glad to show you the brand, Superior.
I repeat all criticism and well accepted to improve.
with great sympathy and passion
Andrea
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

andrea wrote:...an old knife that was my father's old Herbertz, otf, rectangular button and he decided to give it to me...
Andrea, do you still have that knife? Do you have pics of it? (maybe in a new thread)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
andrea

Post by andrea »

BTB0923 wrote:
andrea wrote:...an old knife that was my father's old Herbertz, otf, rectangular button and he decided to give it to me...
Andrea, do you still have that knife? Do you have pics of it? (maybe in a new thread)
hello I put on another site my otf rectangular button as soon as I can send you the picture! hello andrea
andrea

Post by andrea »

andrea wrote:
BTB0923 wrote:
hello I put on another site my otf rectangular button as soon as I can send you the picture! hello andrea
this is my old otf herbertz.
ciao
Andrea
Attachments
otf.jpg
otf.jpg (100.02 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Beautiful knife, Andrea. Have not seen one of these in a long time in such pristine condition.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

andrea wrote:
andrea wrote:
BTB0923 wrote:Andrea, do you still have that knife? Do you have pics of it? (maybe in a new thread)
this is my old otf herbertz.
ciao
Andrea
8) Thanks! That's a unique trapdoor otf for sure.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
gimpochin

Post by gimpochin »

A very interesting story. I love hearing that kind of history and consider it a lucky stroke for all that these high quality knives are still available. From what i hear its tough to start a small business inn italy these days. I can remember buying my first stiletto from a small store in 1957($4.95)in washington state which has become a left wing shithole,i'm ashamed of being FROM there. :cry:
andrea

Post by andrea »

the new bolster for Superior-Italy:
Fine Silver 925/1000
ciao
Andrea.
Attachments
silver925bolster.jpg
silver925bolster.jpg (27.37 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
andrea

Re: Superior Italy- new images from Maniago: The Blades mark

Post by andrea »

here is another picture.
As you can see the blades are laser-etched but stamped as it was many years ago.
The craftsmen of Maniago held a lot about this, because you could tell who had made a knife.
hello all.
Andrea
Attachments
STA71849.JPG
STA71849.JPG (54.05 KiB) Viewed 10423 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Andrea- I think I speak for many members here that a blade stamp is always a sign of quality and detail that once was something makers took much pride in.
I am happy to see Maniago doing this again. I prefer a tang stamp over the blade stamp but it is a move forward for the industry.
andrea

Post by andrea »

Viking45 wrote:Andrea- I think I speak for many members here that a blade stamp is always a sign of quality and detail that once was something makers took much pride in.
I am happy to see Maniago doing this again. I prefer a tang stamp over the blade stamp but it is a move forward for the industry.
Ciao Viking!
The stamp Superior and my stamp.
and born out of passion, but I hope you like it. Armando and my teacher. Also he likes to teach me and allowed me to start a new line of knives.
quality knives, I started as a collector and I also want to build.
this is what I think.
thanks for your reply
Greetings!
Andrea