"Black Dagger" retracting guard knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tydy

"Black Dagger" retracting guard knife

Post by tydy »

I saw a post a while back asking about the Black Dagger retracting guard knives and thought Id post a pic of the one that I recently came across. The pic tells the rest. tydy
Attachments
blackdagger.jpg
blackdagger.jpg (98.56 KiB) Viewed 8303 times
Tom19176

Re: "Black Dagger" retracting guard knife

Post by Tom19176 »

I have the black sheath somewhere for one, but the knife is long gone...thanks for posting!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

cool i have the camo one with black blade .
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Blast from the past! Thanks for posting the pics, tydy! 8)
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Nice knife. :)
Is it a OTF Knife? What is black on the blade?
Greetings from Europe
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

It is a FIXED blade knife and the black "sheath" is controlled by the switch and it goes in and out to cover and uncover the blade...the Blade never moves....
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This is a legal knife where dagger blades aren't prohibited (a "novelty knife" at best.)
Fishtail Picklock
Wdalew5

Post by Wdalew5 »

I have a green one that says " nato" on it. I bought it in TJ , years ago.
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Thank you Tom19176. :)
Interestingly've never seen a knife before. Who produced it? Or is it a product of China?
Greetings from Europe
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

It predates the China cutlery invasion. I believe it was from Twain or possibly Korea.....
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

If the blade is fixed does that mean it's also got a full tang? I would assume no as there needs to be room for the mechanism to retract the guard, but I'm still curious.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Tydy,

Thanks dude!

That was me that asked about the "Black Dagger" auto-retracting sheath. It was the first question I ever asked here; in fact, asking about that knife was the reason I sought out this forum. Here's the thread:
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 28#p233428

I still think the one I saw was called "Black Magic" but what I saw was the knife in the OP, they probably just called it something slightly different. That one says 1986; the one I saw was around 89 or 90. Now that I know that some were called "Black Dagger", I'll probably have more luck searching for them.

Is that one your knife or a picture you found? Does anyone know how much those things are going for these days?

Wow, seeing this character again triggered the part of my brain that lights up when a childhood memory is refreshed. Not only could I remember that yearning to someday actually own an automatic knife but it's almost like for one instant I could actually smell the magazine in which I used to look at those knives.

Thanks again, man.

Btw, I am still trying to find one of those cheap Pakistani brass butterflies in the thread I linked to above.
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Also, does anyone know what the "GIC" on the tang indicates?
Handle8

Post by Handle8 »

Hello!
I am clearing out a family member's estate, and they have a variety of knives in their collection. In looking this knife up, which I have with the black handle with the case, your thread was the only reference to this knife on the internet.

I am looking for help in determining the knife's value, and suggestions on how to sell knives. I am not certain of the policies on eBay, some of the knife handles have what may be considered "brass knuckles" built into the handle, or a "bone crusher" points on the tip of the handle, and from what I am reading these are not able to be sold online. The main question is the value of this knife though, and thank you for your advice.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's not worth much, and only as a curiosity.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.