finekut

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Otto Scorzeny

finekut

Post by Otto Scorzeny »

having trouble gettin pics up but if u click this link you will see the tang stamp. http://i49.tinypic.com/iel354.jpg
[/img][/url][/url]hello gents new here on this website, came across an old stiletto knife in a cigar box in an old storage unit. it is marked panamex italy finekut.
handles seem to be of plastic or some material. the blade looks cool and is minty. i know its old, not sure how old or what is up with the stampings , maybe a maker ??????

any info on it would be great, i do not collect these items but any info would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
fk.jpg
fk.jpg (387.29 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Last edited by Otto Scorzeny on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Viking45

Re: finekut

Post by Viking45 »

Welcome to the forum.
That stamp is completely new to me but I will be very anxious to see what some of the more knowledgeable members will have to say about it.

Anytime one finds an unusual Italian stiletto is always a good thing. 8)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The stamp is an uncommon one.
How long is the knife, open? They were made in 4-1/2", 5-1/4", 6" and 7" sizes.
The handles are celluloid sheet, wrapped around the nickel silver handles.
The knife is not "mint"-but it's in very good shape.
These knives were manufactured using various names. Edwin Jay, Coricama, Panamex, IMCO, and maybe others.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Otto Scorzeny

Post by Otto Scorzeny »

thanks for the info , the knife is the smallest of sizes made. i am not really a knife guy. its good to learn and hear alot about these things.
i suppose id rid of it as i have no need for such an item.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Panamex is quite desirable. If you don't want it you should put it on the SharperDeals auction site.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

fastr19 wrote:Panamex is quite desirable. If you don't want it you should put it on the SharperDeals auction site.
Don't listen to him! You should sell it to me for 50 bucks :P
...Actually, you should listen to him :wink:
"Everyone is your neighbor."
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

That is a highly desirable stamp. If you want to sell it, you would likely do best by following the advice to put it on the Sharperdeal auction site.

Jim