Possible GREAT NEWS coming for PENNSYLVANIA!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
steeltoe1978

Possible GREAT NEWS coming for PENNSYLVANIA!

Post by steeltoe1978 »

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?op ... 2&Itemid=1

July 11, 2012: Knife Rights is pleased to announce the filing of Pennsylvania HB2548 which would repeal the Keystone State's ban on the possession of automatic knives and enact Knife Rights' signature Knife Preemption Law. The legislation was drafted by Knife Rights Director of Legislative Affairs, Todd Rathner, and was introduced by Rep Michelle Brooks (R-17). Bipartisan Co-sponsors include Rep. Marc Gergely (D-35) and Rep. Jeff Pyle (R-60). Addition co-sponsors can be found on the bill's sponsor page.
The bill's sponsor, Rep. Brooks said, "when Knife Rights brought to my attention the need to reform Pennsylvania's knife laws, I was pleased to sponsor this legislation as a way to make things better for the people of Pennsylvania. In a state like Pennsylvania which cherishes its outdoor heritage and to respond to the needs of our many sportsmen and sportswomen, as well as rescue teams, knife law reform just makes good sense."
"We are pleased to have gotten the ball rolling on this needed piece of common sense legislation," said Knife Rights Founder and Chairman Doug Ritter. "Pennsylvania law should fully respect the rights of knife owners and eliminate the irrational restriction on automatic knives." Knife Rights began pressing for introduction of the legislation late last year after a member from Pennsylvania highlighted ongoing issues with Pennsylvania knife law that he was willing to assist in addressing. Knife Rights quickly prepared the draft legislation and sought out the sponsor and co-sponsors. (Knife Rights' original announcement of action on this Pennsylvania bill back in November, 2011, can be found here: http://bit.ly/vE1oW0)
If you are a PA resident, please contact your state Representative and ask them to support this Knife Rights Legislation. (Click here if you aren't sure who your Representative is.)
In addition to repealing Pennsylvania's ban on the possession of automatic knives, Knife Rights also included its signature preemption language in the legislation as well. Preemption prevents cities and towns from passing ordinances inconsistent with state law, which would otherwise result in a confusing patchwork of different knife laws that are difficult or impossible for honest citizens to navigate. A "right" should be treated the same throughout the state. Knife Rights has pioneered the passage of knife law preemption throughout the country on a state by state basis. This past May Georgia became the fourth state to enact Knife Rights' Knife Law Preemption and Missouri this week became the second state to repeal its switchblade ban.
Knife Rights would like to thank the industry's American Knife and Tool Institute for its support of this legislation.
Viking45

Re: Possible GREAT NEWS coming for PENNSYLVANIA!

Post by Viking45 »

Now if only Missouri would follow Penn's lead.
Missouri is and always has been backwards....after all it's been called Arkansas' "Dunce Cap" :lol:
AKcollector

Post by AKcollector »

finally someone sees the light.
Attachments
imagesCAU20TQB.jpg
imagesCAU20TQB.jpg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 7424 times
`MURICA
steeltoe1978

Post by steeltoe1978 »

Viking45... I'm confused about what you mean by Missouri... I thought you guys had it repealed yesterday?!

http://www.equip2endure.com/ReadBlogPos ... c34c71e029
Missouri Switchblade Ban Repeal Signed Into Law

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon on Monday signed SB489, Knife Rights' legislation repealing the ban on possession, sale and manufacture of switchblade knives in Missouri as long as it is not "in violation of federal law." In practical terms, all that means is that you cannot do so in interstate commerce or on Indian reservations or elsewhere that federal regulations may prevent such activities.

Knife Rights worked closely with the National Rifle Association to include this important legislation in a CCW reform bill. We appreciate the NRA as a strong partner in our second front in defense of the Second Amendment™.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

That is great news!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

steeltoe1978 wrote:Viking45... I'm confused about what you mean by Missouri... I thought you guys had it repealed yesterday?!

http://www.equip2endure.com/ReadBlogPos ... c34c71e029

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon on Monday signed SB489, Knife Rights' legislation repealing the ban on possession, sale and manufacture of switchblade knives in Missouri as long as it is not "in violation of federal law." In practical terms, all that means is that you cannot do so in interstate commerce or on Indian reservations or elsewhere that federal regulations may prevent such activities.

Knife Rights worked closely with the National Rifle Association to include this important legislation in a CCW reform bill. We appreciate the NRA as a strong partner in our second front in defense of the Second Amendment™.
Well my good sir,you are better informed than I about my own state. I had no idea this happened. OUT-STANDING :!:
But darn-it anyway,I was just heading to the Indian reservation with a skin full of stilettos and corn whiskey :lol:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I am a long time member of Knife Rights and you should ALL join and support them!!! They are working towards this type of change in the law where ever they can .....

this is their release:

Sponsored Ad
Remove ads and support BladeForums.com! Missouri Governor Jay Nixon on Monday signed SB489, Knife Rights' legislation repealing the ban on possession, sale and manufacture of switchblade knives in Missouri as long as it is not "in violation of federal law." In practical terms, all that means is that you cannot do so in interstate commerce or on Indian reservations or elsewhere that federal regulations may prevent such activities.

The enactment of this bill is another example of our aggressive and effective legislative agenda protecting and enhancing your knife rights. It is only with your generous support that we can continue the fight This is a great time to make a donation to Knife Rights because you could win some of over $63,000 in exciting prizes in our Ultimate Steel™ Spectacular. This unique opportunity ends July 30!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Tom19176 wrote:I am a long time member of Knife Rights and you should ALL join and support them!!! They are working towards this type of change in the law where ever they can .....
MOS' excellent advice, Mr. Tom19176 - It is a great organization. I am a Charter Member my ownself...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

I also am a member of Knife Rights and recommend everyone who loves knives to join. Doug Ritter and his wife were here in St. Louis for the NRA Annual Meeting where I had the opportunity to discuss the Missouri knife laws with them as well as seeing first hand some of the knives being offered in the Ultimate Steel Giveaway that ends July 30. There are still 2 weeks to make a donation to Knife Rights and get chances in the drawing. If you think that you can't win, last week I found a package at my front door containing this Doug Ritter RSK Mk3 (Benchmade 152-200) fixed blade of S30V with G10 handle and sheath. Turns out I was one of the winners of the "early bird" part of the giveaway. Doug and KnifeRights kept me posted on the progress of the Missouri law through passage last week.

The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
skinny

Post by skinny »

I sent my letters! Thanks for the heads-up!
john

Post by john »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in PA.
CONGRATS to everyone in MO. and to you java, cool knife.
I'm sending KR my check tomorrow.
I hope KR, Doug and his attorney can get someone in MA to file a repeal of MA's switchblade laws. I'll be happy to have MO's law in MA.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Jerryg

Post by Jerryg »

Sent my letter and joined knife rights, got my fingers crossed!
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

I wrote a letter when I first saw this post. What has happened since? Was anything passed? What's its status?

I live in PA and I am anxious to find out.
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")
skinny

Post by skinny »

Still pending review by the House Judiciary Committee. A quick google search is your friend... ;)
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

skinny wrote:Still pending review by the House Judiciary Committee. A quick google search is your friend... ;)
Thanks. No I tried last night but got a lot of old posts and threads. Most of the newer ones were from knife and firearm sites. I wanted to see something more official.
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")