leverlock care

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
AKcollector

leverlock care

Post by AKcollector »

I just got an 8" SKM leverlock with stag scales and Ive never had a switchblade this fancy before :oops: . I would welcome any advice on care, storage and otherwise upkeep of these very nice knives.

Thanks
`MURICA
AKcollector

Re: leverlock care

Post by AKcollector »

*crickets chirping*
`MURICA
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. AKcollector,

Pretty shabby treatment of you, I must say.

I would give it good douche with WD-40, a cupla drops of oil onna pivot pin and into the lever mechanism and store it open or closed as you prefer...

Someone else might have better advice, but this is the best I can do. Hope you find this helpful...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Not much to say really. Keep it clean and polished and put away, or use it and still keep it cleaned out, sharp, and polished. I carry a stag leverlock quite often and blow out the blade channel occasionally to clean out pocket lint etc.

The only thing I would reccomend is to depress the lever when closing (same for stilettos, except it's a button). IMO it helps eliminate the wear of metal to metal contact that may eventially cause blade peek.
novice

Post by novice »

AKcollector wrote:I just got an 8" SKM leverlock with stag scales and Ive never had a switchblade this fancy before :oops: . I would welcome any advice on care, storage and otherwise upkeep of these very nice knives.

Thanks
I use light machine oil on mine. I've also used Break Free CLP. These are extremely thin and creep in-between the blade, spring, release, etc. This is my first leverlock. It was very stiff when I got it. After using oiling it with light machine oil fires hard, smooth, & fast.

AKcollector

Post by AKcollector »

:) thanks guys, that helped
`MURICA