A new Maniago

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jarvis

Re: A new Maniago

Post by jarvis »

JimBrown257 wrote:...So what qualifies as a Medici; does it have to be a swinger? Besides for the top bolster and absent guard, that one looks just like a Puma Med.
Well, actually the bottom bolster looks similar to an Italian Medici auto, not a Puma Medici. The knife on the top is a Puma Medici, a manual folder. The knife on the bottom is an Italian Medici auto. Two completely different knives.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Are those your Medicis or is that just a picture you found?

Do you know who made the one on the bottom (the white auto)? I recently bought one exactly like that (but with snakewood). It's clearly new and the guy I bought it from had several of them (snakewood and stag). Since then, I've seen a few more popping up randomly on other sites all sold by different sellers.

They are all going for about $75-$85 and people are buying them; it's rare to see stuff get the number of bids that they are getting on some of the auction sites.

I'm pretty sure there is a new batch of those Italian Medicis and we're going to be seeing more of them on the market.

I still, however, can't get anyone (including the various guys selling them) to tell me who made them.
Attachments
Snakewood Medici
Snakewood Medici
Medici.JPG (42.36 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

JimBrown257 wrote:Are those your Medicis or is that just a picture you found?
They're both mine. Crappy picture from a while back. I'm not sure anyone can answer your question as to specifically who made or makes the Medicis. There've been several runs of them over a number of years with slight variations.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

How about a nice 11" Froslone-style knife with a "user-friendly" blade (154-CM) clip-point blade. such an addition would make for a great carry knife.

Scott
Fishtail Picklock
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

I'm not really into polling for production. Let's see if the makers can figure out the market and let Capitalism rule. If they get it right they make some serious bones; if not they get Fu@&ed.

Lots of good suggestions on styles and blade materials. Maybe they can look at the American market and see what the Hell sells.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Viking45 wrote:
Panzerfaust wrote:I know there has been a poll on this before, but I would like to see a stiletto with flat-grind blade made of carbon steel.
Like to see a 5mm with carbon steel/flat grind. The only other thing I would like to add and I think I speak for many here- Love to see some nice old school tang stamps as opposed to etching. Makers name along with ITALY
BINGO!!!

And also, solid bolsters --steel or N/S, doesn't matter, so long as they're not hollow.
I've got a love for the flat grinds. And nothing is gonna be more favorable among collectors of Vagrant's caliber than a carbon steel blade :!: :idea: :!:

We've had plenty of discussion on this in the past, and nothing to show for it. (only in dreams)

But, of course everyone wants to see an Italian OTF of quality come from Maniago. Spadon knives are fun but lack the quality of an American OTF. An OTF with the build quality of a Piranha Excalibur but with the sexy design of the 1960's trap door OTFs... That would be one hell of a knife that any Italian collector would bust ass to make sure they could add one to their knife chest.

But with all due respect to the wonderful knife makers of Maniago, I'd like to see Due Buoi make the worlds first and only Forged OTF.
So, to shorten my input a little:
1) Italian style OTF with American OTF quality.
2) Carbon steel blade stiletto with solid steel bolsters (8", 10", 12").

What would you like to see, Michele?
all the best,
Crittenden.F
"Everyone is your neighbor."
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

bump. Any new info on this Arthas? thanks
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

BTB0923 wrote:bump. Any new info on this Arthas? thanks
Well, some ideas are collected, now let's see what the producer think of these... I'll be back with news.

Cheers,
M.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

G'day Arthas,
from where I sit they all sound cool. My request/suggestion is a greater selection of Quality Autos with removable/DIY springs. Du Bois' are fine, but the SKM & FB's are usually quite ordinary quality. Another size or two is what I want, all 3 only offer DIY's in 9"sizes. (Yes, no I'm not talking about those keyring-strawberry peeling little numbers) 5mm blade - Solid bolsters? DIY-OTF with rock solid lockup.
Ciao.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

What means "DIY?"
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

JerrBear wrote:What means "DIY?"
Do It Yourself.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

jarvis wrote: Do It Yourself.
Thanks, Mr. Jarvis. That's all I could come up with, but it didn't sound quite right to me in this context...
My request/suggestion is a greater selection of Quality Autos with removable/DIY springs.
JerrBear
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

JerrBear wrote:
jarvis wrote: Do It Yourself.
Thanks, Mr. Jarvis. That's all I could come up with, but it didn't sound quite right to me in this context...
My request/suggestion is a greater selection of Quality Autos with removable/DIY springs.
DIY was actually the only thing in the post that made any sense to me.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

jarvis wrote: DIY was actually the only thing in the post that made any sense to me.
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

DIY was actually the only thing in the post that made any sense to me.
Eureaka! something I said makes sense. :o :)
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!