A new Maniago

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Re: A new Maniago

Post by arthas »

Hello!
Switch King wrote:I just hope that the new (old) may also be ordered directly in Italy. So I come to Germany to enjoy. Of course at my own risk.
No problem: knives will be entirely manufactured in Italy, so we'll have them here and can ship them to you in Germany, or sell directly in Maniago.

Just a clarification: we likely won't be doing any reissue, but something entirely new - striking the eye, of course, to classic Maniago designs.

M.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

arthas wrote: Just a clarification: we likely won't be doing any reissue, but something entirely new
Mr. Arthas,

Alas, a "QUALITY" Rizzuto would be something entirely NEW! There has never been one before... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
skinny

Post by skinny »

I'd also like a fulcrum release stiletto... or more ring-pull releases. Whatever it is, it should have SOLID nickel silver bolsters.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I give up :!: I do not collect knives, I accumulate them. I buy a knife because it might be USEFUL :idea: I would buy a knife [on impulse] because it seems, I might have a USE for it :idea: I have over a hundred knives that prove I was wrong :lol: And, probably the same number that prove the usefulness was temporary :roll: I will let others [collectors] decide :wink:
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

You then close the trap door on the tip of the blade and push it down into a locked position, ready to fire again
...That seems like it would be hard on the tip of the blade. Is there a little triangular indentation in the bottom of the trapdoor that the tip fits into to reduce the wearing down of the tip?

Btw, there are some movie stills of someone using a trap door OTF in the Movie Switchblades thread.

As for the Microtech Masterpiece; how does that work? Is it single action? What does the guard do when the blade closes if the blade goes straight down? Does each guard only go to one side and then when it closes they both go up and in (kind of like pulling a kleenex back into the box)?
Does anyone have pictures of it closed or from different angles?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The guards on the M//T are for show only. They are useless as guards.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I know there has been a poll on this before, but I would like to see a stiletto with flat-grind blade made of carbon steel.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

...But am I correct about how they go back in the blade? Like there's a little extra room on each side on the shaft the blade goes in, and when the blade goes in the guards get pulled in like a kleenex being pulled back into the box?

If the knife is M-Masterpiece is open and you hold it upside down, do the guards dangle downwards (towards the tip of the blade) or does something keep them in the horizontal position?
monstro

Post by monstro »

LOCKBACK RIZUTTOS!

(please) Or something influenced by,
lars

Post by lars »

:D A high quality Maniago OTF would be absolutely awesome.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The guards on the M//T are for show only. They are useless as guards.
All/most guards are nearly useless :lol: But they can look very nice :lol:
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

JimBrown257 wrote:
...But am I correct about how they go back in the blade? Like there's a little extra room on each side on the shaft the blade goes in, and when the blade goes in the guards get pulled in like a kleenex being pulled back into the box?

If the knife is M-Masterpiece is open and you hold it upside down, do the guards dangle downwards (towards the tip of the blade) or does something keep them in the horizontal position?
Here's a better shot of the guards.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

JimBrown257 wrote:

This article should answer any questions you might have about it...

http://latama.net/NewsMicroTech.html
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The guards on the M//T are for show only. They are useless as guards.
I need to remember that in future knife fights.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

BTB0923 wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:

This article should answer any questions you might have about it...

http://latama.net/NewsMicroTech.html
Good find. I had forgotten about that article.