A new Maniago

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: A new Maniago

Post by sammy the blade »

Guess I got busted! Hope to see something soon.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JimBrown257 wrote:That's a pretty cool design. Having that inside pin at the top is a good idea. I'm going to put this one in my list of to-dos.

What's the deal with the indentation on the lower handle?
You need it to close the knife, that blade sits deep. I will prepare and send full scale layouts.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I drew this one up, same "Toledo" type back spring. It's a BOBC 13-1/8" more in the Italian vein.
I'm sure Jeremy asked because first you said it was a button open/close? Now you say the indentation is to close the knife? Which is it?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

whippersnapper wrote:
I drew this one up, same "Toledo" type back spring. It's a BOBC 13-1/8" more in the Italian vein.
I'm sure Jeremy asked because first you said it was a button open/close? Now you say the indentation is to close the knife? Which is it?
I get it now. I was talking about that semi-circle cut out just above the bottom bolster. The idea is that the blade will be 100% covered by the handle when closed. It could be possible that some indentation would be needed (or at least make things easier).
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

OK, I too get it now. I looked too quickly and missed that the cut out was on the blade well side.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

This type back spring allows for a slimmer knife and is simpler. But the locking open, firing, and closing gets more complex.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

David76 wrote:It would be cool to see some 11" batwing swinguard.
you mean genuine Italian 11" 5mm thick batwing swinguards ? give it some time i could see this becoming a reality :)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

METALGOD wrote:
David76 wrote:It would be cool to see some 11" batwing swinguard.
you mean genuine Italian 11" 5mm thick batwing swinguards ? give it some time i could see this becoming a reality :)
Angelo told me that they have been getting requests for that for 5 or 6 years, so it could happen one day. If my design will satisfy the urge, Duke or Jeremy would probably build it. I can also make it look more Italian.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JimBrown257 wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:
I get it now. I was talking about that semi-circle cut out just above the bottom bolster. The idea is that the blade will be 100% covered by the handle when closed. It could be possible that some indentation would be needed (or at least make things easier).
You should have full sized templates on Saturday. Holler if you have any questions.

BTW, when I can, I rotate the blade a full 180 between open and closed as this sear hole has to be centered vertically on the handle, otherwise it looks odd. Also, this gives me more freedom in handle design, because the fan pommel is mostly not needed to cover any peaking. That facilitates BOBC and Toledo, but it puts the blade really deep ... and I just got another idea as I explained that.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

roseawebs

Post by roseawebs »

arthas wrote:Hello all!

Incredible as it might seem, there are now folks in Maniago willing to produce new models of switchblade knives. The goal is to produce something somewhat different, and of very high quality quality fish knives, while of course keeping an eye on the classic Stiletto design.

Basically, at present time we'd like to make some poll to see what people really want. why need this edc front opener with classical scales? Damascus lever locks with particular handles? Any other thing, shape, mechanism, whatever?

Tell here what you would like to see manufactured!

A huge THANK YOU for your cooperation, of course.

Unique design and flexible pocket folding knife with colorful style :)