Mikov design change is here...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Zack

Post by Zack »

I'm just asking a question here. I picked up a few Mikovs a while back. Is there that much difference between the old lever and the new one? I mean, does the new one not work right? Does it make the knife not fire, or not lock up right? Or is the change pretty much just cosmetic? Personally, I don't know because I haven't handled one of the new ones.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Greybeard,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vagrant,

I just looked at the "New Products" page on the Knifeshop website, and the Dalton Companion's shown there are autos

At my age I should know enough to at least enlarge the picture before I run my mouth, You are of course correct. I guess what threw me was it's
not a bad price for a Dalton that has to cross the pond twice,
[and some people say I won't admit it when I'm wrong, seems like I do a
lot of it].
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Zack,
I have had a few Mikovs go thruogh here and try to let everyone know how quality control is doing ...these new levers operate just fine..no problems there....to me it is the cheaper look and feel of it that I don't like.........Nemo
tanto

Post by tanto »

Nemo wrote:Allright...I have seen the new changes with the Mikovs...all I can say is ..it sucks!...not only do I not like the new levers...I have stopped buying them except in damascus...which may be worth the extra work of making a new lever and just about everything else on the knife....I will be customizing the 10 I have here and that will be that...no more...good job Mikov...I bought at least a hundred Mikov autos last year ...this year I will be buying 5 at the most........Nemo
It is bad that you do not like the change that much. Yes, it is a step back (the lever) but it is not that bad. You are still able to fire the knife as you did before, you just have tu push the lever a bit more. BTW I have seen the change only on wood handled knives, the rest (also the kits) have the old style lever.

I am sorry to hear that you quit customizing them - you did excellent job wiht them!!

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant,

No problem. I just wanted to make sure that our friends in Europe were aware of the Companion's availability from a more or less local source. I know what you mean about the eyes going. I have nose marks all over the screen of my computer monitor. :wink:

Greyblade