FORUM KNIVES

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

FORUM KNIVES

Post by Viking45 »

Hello Everyone- I feel the time has come to let you guys in on what's going on with the Forum Knife Project.
Many of you already know that most of the knives were lost during shipping ( I will not talk about details)

The Bad News- Many of you will only get a refund.
There is no way everyone will come out of this thing pleased but know that ALL of us involved have done all we can.
After all is said and done I hope there will be no hard feelings on anyone's part. I feel this is the most important thing.
This was a well-intended program that simply did not go as hoped.

The Good News- Some of the knives did survive and there are only Standard blades with random numbers and those have already been sent out.

I have decided to come here and sort this out and will need help from those whom have not received a knife or a refund.(This excludes those of you whom I have already discussed refunds with)
To be fair I have gone down the list of those who signed up for a forum Knife and have contacted those that signed up first.

Only 19 of the 35 knives ordered survived the long haul from Italy. Some were "specified" numbers and have been delivered to their owners.

If your name is on the list below please reply to this thread if you want a knife or a refund. BUT keep in mind we are still going down the list as it is in the order of "First To Sign Up.
There are some names that do not correspond with the list in the "Forum Knife Sign-Up" thread because those members specified number/knife arrived from Italy or they have already chose to take a refund.

These members below will have first choice of the three(3) remaining knives(Only Standard Blades). All others will be issued a refund.
I apologize for handling this in this manner but I feel too much time has already been wasted and it is time to bring this thing to an end.
There is no possible way to please everyone and I personally want you members that are upset about the Forum Knife or lack of to understand how difficult it was for me to make some of these decisions and I thought hard and long on how to make the final decisions and there was just no easy answer.
If anyone is upset then I alone am to blame but I could see no other way and I thought it was only fair that the first to sign up were the first to have a choice of a knife or refund.
Again I apologize to all those who did not receive a Forum Knife and I am sorry this program took so long. I hope we can all move on and remain friends and keep this Talk Blade forum alive and kicking!

Contact me by PM's with mailing info and I will get the knives or refunds as soon as possible. Dave (Viking45)
TRYKER

Re: FORUM KNIVES

Post by TRYKER »

i'd like to say thanks to all involved ( u s customs excluded ) i'm sure no one will have any hard feelings, this was beyond the forums control. i hope all can put this behind us and move on. and i'll be the first to sign up if and when we decided to do another forum knife.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

Boy howdy...., it's beautiful.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks Viking, I'm OK either way. We all understand the risks involved.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
reggieh

Post by reggieh »

Hello all I would still like a knife if possible but if it is not to be thats ok too.
reggieh

Post by reggieh »

please check your pms mr Viking
birdieman

Post by birdieman »

pm sent...
picklock junkie
Chuckyl

Post by Chuckyl »

pm sent.

And thanks to everyone that had tried to pull this off for us, we really do appreciate your efforts!!!
john

Post by john »

TRYKER wrote:i'd like to say thanks to all involved ( u s customs excluded ) i'm sure no one will have any hard feelings, this was beyond the forums control. i hope all can put this behind us and move on. and i'll be the first to sign up if and when we decided to do another forum knife.
Hello Everyone,
Ditto for me.
I'm ready to sign up for the next forum knife; I'll be the second name on the list right after TRYKER.
Thank you to everyone involved who made this possible.
Thanks again,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm ready to sign up for the next forum knife
Probably be waiting awhile on that... :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

whippersnapper wrote:
I'm ready to sign up for the next forum knife
whippersnapper wrote:Probably be waiting awhile on that... :lol:
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

john wrote:
TRYKER wrote:i'd like to say thanks to all involved ( u s customs excluded ) i'm sure no one will have any hard feelings, this was beyond the forums control. i hope all can put this behind us and move on. and i'll be the first to sign up if and when we decided to do another forum knife.
Hello Everyone,
Ditto for me.
I'm ready to sign up for the next forum knife; I'll be the second name on the list right after TRYKER.
Thank you to everyone involved who made this possible.
Thanks again,
John

Mr. John,

We have done a few forum knives here in the past with much quicker results, but the trick is to keep it simple, cheap, and within SKM's production line. What I propose, is an 11" black acrylic handled bayonet stiletto engraved "Vagrant Knives 03033".

I once had a 9" that I regret ever the day I got rid of it.

WHAT SAY YE, OL' PALS?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

From what I have gathered Whipper is gung-ho to start another Forum Knife program.
He is counting the minutes down to get the new ball rolling.

No need to thank me Whipper,heck what are friends for :?: :lol: :lol:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Viking45 wrote:From what I have gathered Whipper is gung-ho to start another Forum Knife program.

I'd rather be kicked in the nuts, thank you. :shock:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

whippersnapper wrote:
Viking45 wrote:From what I have gathered Whipper is gung-ho to start another Forum Knife program.

I'd rather be kicked in the nuts, thank you. :shock:
Aww and all the joy and fulfillment it would bring in your life. Shamey shame