Walt's Classic Frank B 11" knives?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: Walt's Classic Frank B 11" knives?

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Bill, Pat & Bernie...The seller that originally owned mine (Gunner7), said he bought it directly from Walt in 2013. Terry made no mention of requesting or having it sharpened. So, maybe it was sent to Bill for sharpening then sent BACK to Walt to sell to Terry(?). Unless, Walt had orders he requested Bernie to fill with Bernie's sharpened ones(?). Certainly a professional sharpening. Bernie, did you get pieces that didn't have the "W" in the Cat Logo as well? Thanks to ALL for your kind responses. Always nice to know the history of pieces if possible.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:Thanks Bill, Pat & Bernie...The seller that originally owned mine (Gunner7), said he bought it directly from Walt in 2013. Terry made no mention of requesting or having it sharpened. So, maybe it was sent to Bill for sharpening then sent BACK to Walt to sell to Terry(?). Unless, Walt had orders he requested Bernie to fill with Bernie's sharpened ones(?). Certainly a professional sharpening. Bernie, did you get pieces that didn't have the "W" in the Cat Logo as well? Thanks to ALL for your kind responses. Always nice to know the history of pieces if possible.
If terry got it direct from Walt i would say it would have to be one of the ones Bill sharpened then . i didnt sell any knives to walts customers . if im not mistaken the first run didnt have the W in logo on any of the knives i think the w in logo started on second run but dont quote me on this im not 100% sure .
DonC

Post by DonC »

I asked Walt about the cat some time ago and, if memory serves, he said that the first run didn't have the W due to an oversight by the engraver.
DonC
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

DonC wrote:I asked Walt about the cat some time ago and, if memory serves, he said that the first run didn't have the W due to an oversight by the engraver.
DonC
Thanks Don. It would be interesting to know how many first run pieces were actually released like that. If I found a dollar bill missing "In God We Trust", that MIGHT actually make the value go up. Work the same with Walt's Classics missing the "W"? lol ! (I won't go new car shopping just yet lol).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:
DonC wrote:I asked Walt about the cat some time ago and, if memory serves, he said that the first run didn't have the W due to an oversight by the engraver.
DonC
Thanks Don. It would be interesting to know how many first run pieces were actually released like that. If I found a dollar bill missing "In God We Trust", that MIGHT actually make the value go up. Work the same with Walt's Classics missing the "W"? lol ! (I won't go new car shopping just yet lol).

if im not mistaken i think the first run was 300 pieces 305 to be exact lol i know one of the runs was 305 pieces
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Bernie...only 305? For some reason, I thought the number would of been much higher. I'm not sure how many runs are made (or even, how often), but it's no wonder Omega wrote to "Snap 'em up fast!".

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

mick17

Post by mick17 »

Looks like it's never gonna happen fellas. "Coming Soon" announcement was a month and a half ago. I've already blown my Walt's money on new 3knives stuff anyway (they just got more Frank B swinguards in). Oh well
mick17

Post by mick17 »

...and the 13 inchers are being made now woohoo!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZA7R15DLV7 ... gacampolin
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

mick17 wrote:Looks like it's never gonna happen fellas. "Coming Soon" announcement was a month and a half ago. I've already blown my Walt's money on new 3knives stuff anyway (they just got more Frank B swinguards in). Oh well
...same here Pat. I'm not what 'ya call "patient" when it comes to spending too much money on new knives. I also gave Angelo my Walt's money lol.

mick17

Post by mick17 »

Ha yep. My click therapy addiction takes precedence over my patience.

Part of my reason for making that post was I thought maybe as soon as I would say they're never going on sale that they would go on sale...so fingers crossed!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

mick17 wrote:Ha yep. My click therapy addiction takes precedence over my patience.

Part of my reason for making that post was I thought maybe as soon as I would say they're never going on sale that they would go on sale...so fingers crossed!
...Well...You were right Pat! The new 2017's are now rolling in starting with the new Abalone Dagger. I spent my knife funds, and here come the Walt's! https://latama.net/products/walts-class ... gger-ab-02

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

mick17

Post by mick17 »

JulesVane wrote:
mick17 wrote:Ha yep. My click therapy addiction takes precedence over my patience.

...Well...You were right Pat! The new 2017's are now rolling in starting with the new Abalone Dagger. I spent my knife funds, and here come the Walt's! https://latama.net/products/walts-class ... gger-ab-02
Holy cow it worked!

How did you even find that page Chris? I checked the Walt's home page this morning and just saw the coming soon message.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

mick17 wrote:...and the 13 inchers are being made now woohoo!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZA7R15DLV7 ... gacampolin
I don't know if "woohoo!" is how I would greet this news. The run made back in 2003 suffered from significant deficiencies - banana blades, weak kick springs being the most obvious. QC was pretty much non existent. Many buyers felt they had been cheated by paying some $300, a premium amount back then, for a badly executed revival. Then there was the "Certificate of Authenticity" that was not tied to an individual knife. Such paperwork is essentially useless to the buyer. It only serves the manufacturer by adding some sizzle to a disappointing steak. We shall see....