Walt's Classic Frank B 11" knives?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: Walt's Classic Frank B 11" knives?

Post by JulesVane »

mick17 wrote:
Holy cow it worked!

How did you even find that page Chris? I checked the Walt's home page this morning and just saw the coming soon message.
Just went to the Latama website and in the search bar typed: Walt's Classic. All the out of stock 2013 models have shown up for months. I've visited the site and searched that so often, that I knew there was one too many knives this time, they were out of place lol. Low & behold, there it was!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
mick17

Post by mick17 »

natcherly wrote:
mick17 wrote:...and the 13 inchers are being made now woohoo!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZA7R15DLV7 ... gacampolin
I don't know if "woohoo!" is how I would greet this news. The run made back in 2003 suffered from significant deficiencies - banana blades, weak kick springs being the most obvious. QC was pretty much non existent. Many buyers felt they had been cheated by paying some $300, a premium amount back then, for a badly executed revival. Then there was the "Certificate of Authenticity" that was not tied to an individual knife. Such paperwork is essentially useless to the buyer. It only serves the manufacturer by adding some sizzle to a disappointing steak. We shall see....
I did hear about those 2003 models having problems, but AGA has put out so much great stuff since then I remain hopeful. My 2003 is a real beauty and fires pretty good.
Last edited by mick17 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I'm lucky, I have a wonderful example from the 2003 run, but then I bought it from a trusted friend.

Jim
AGA13_1jpg.jpg
AGA13_1jpg.jpg (46.49 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
AGA13_1jpg.jpg
AGA13_1jpg.jpg (46.49 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Attachments
AGA13_3.jpg
AGA13_3.jpg (40.25 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Jim, that's a fantastic knife. Very similar to mine with the chocolate hues and white streaky buffalo horn :