BOLSTER RELEASE STILETTOS !

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Steely Dan

BOLSTER RELEASE STILETTOS !

Post by Steely Dan »

Hey Tiny, will you be getting any of the new bolster release stilettos?
If so, please get the ones without the rivets if at all possible!
I already recieved two from knifeshop, and both had the rivets which made them look cheap to me, although if the springs ever needed replacement it would be easy.
There are two types!
I like the fact that no safety is required with this style, and the lines are nice and clean, also one would never have to worry about it poping open in a pocket!

:D Steely Dan :D
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Mr. Steely Dan,

Welcome and enjoy.

I have a hubertus springer one page price list from 10 or 11 years ago. The sellers name just came to mind. Do you know him?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

What do you guys think of the bolster release stilleto's. A friend has one and i can never get a good grip to swing the bolster. Are these just a novelty stilleto....I was planning to add a few to my collection, but can't seem to decide.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I've only felt them at knife shows, there strictly a play thing, If I was a thug (well guess I am :wink: ) I wouldn't use em you can never get a grip on em!

ANywayz razor how many knives do you own?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

As of last count, presently own roughly 120 autos and about 40-50 non autos....The most valuable peices are kept in a safety deposit box at the bank. Around the house i have a total of about 80 knifes autos and non.
A have a little girl of 7 and have to keep them locked in display cases.

How about you J-Man....
~RAZOR~
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I have about 5 autos not many and about 20 others, 2 swords and some kitchen knives henckles mostly oh yeah and a machate and a bowie. Roughly about 50 knives I'd say, but personally if I had a kid around 7, 8 a little jack knife as long as there disipined is okay for em' but that stilleto ain't. Wait till your adlest in Junior High. I never thought I say that. And you said once you had a son, ever given him a knife?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The bolster release seem to work better for Correct-handed people than they do for Right-handed people. Proably due to a better grip, [just like Leverlocks]. I can work them with either hand, however I get occassional mis-fires right-handed. Try one left-handed and see if they work better for you that way.
switch67

bolster release

Post by switch67 »

I happen to like these new stilettos myself...never had a misfire with mine..yet. The only thing I'd like to see an improvement made on is having them made with solid bolsters.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

J-Man.....My kid is a bit of a rebel, so maybe a nice switch wouldn't be such a bad idea...I'll wait until he's 16...
I was also looking at adding a couple of bowies, someting in the Rambo style. I would love to get a Jimmy Lile original....
~RAZOR~
Steely Dan

Post by Steely Dan »

[quote="Roccomo"]Mr. Steely Dan,

Welcome and enjoy.

I have a hubertus springer one page price list from 10 or 11 years ago. The sellers name just came to mind. Do you know him?[/quote]

No, sorry I don't believe so.
In regards to opening them, I don't have any problem as my fingers are calloused, or what I find might be easier is to slip your thumb nail between the bolster and lock like a wedge, or releasing a picklock.
I like the clean lines they present without the button and safety.
I hope they come out with larger versions.
I hate to say they came with a not so good polish, but people were pressing them to get them out (me too :D ) Steely Dan
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

The very first Hubertus springers I ever saw were in Steely Dans' price list. I forget where I got it or got his address from. I was just wondering if you were him. Thanks for the reply.