Switchblades in song lyrics

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Switchblades in song lyrics

Post by Panzerfaust »

This has probably been discussed before, but it was on my mind today after hearing the Hank Williams Jr. song, "A country boy can survive." Here are a few song lyrics I can think of:
"It's Friday night and I need a fight, my motorcycle and a switchblade knife," Motley Crue
"Fought just like a switchblade and no one could take him down," Skid Row
"But when he threatened your life with a switchblade knife," Rocky Horror Picture Show
"...like a switchblade to my heart," Roy Orbison
"Sick boy, he carries a switchblade knife," Social Distortion
" A couple of the sounds that I really like are the sounds of a switchblade and a motor bike," Elton John
"You got a black .38 and a gravity knife, you still have to ride the train," Lou Reed
"...but he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife, for $43, my friend lost his life," Hank Williams Jr.
"... a tongue like a razor, a sweet switchblade knife," Guns 'n' Roses
"Women that stab you in the back with a switchblade knife," Foreigner
jimbeam

Re: Switchblades in song lyrics

Post by jimbeam »

Panzer don't be offended but I think you are a little obsessive about switchblades when you start thinking about them in songs. :D
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

jimbeam wrote:Panzer don't be offended but I think you are a little obsessive about switchblades when you start thinking about them in songs. :D
JB, you got that right! In fact, I started to put in my post that, "You know you are a switchblade addict when you remember song lyrics you have not heard in 20 or more years."
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

My band has and original I wrote called switchblade. The chorus is "the flick of the knife, the flash of the steel, SWITCHBLADE'
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Panzerfaust wrote: "Sick boy, he carries a switchblade knife," Social Distortion
eeeeexcellent....

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
monstro

Post by monstro »

Pro-Pain's album The Truth Hurts contained such a song.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Link Wray - Switchblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OYUmVkFlQ

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
willy66

Post by willy66 »

Panzerfaust wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 am This has probably been discussed before, but it was on my mind today after hearing the Hank Williams Jr. song, "A country boy can survive."

Incidentally, I thought about this black durag that I saw online. Here is the link https://ozdurag.com.au/ca/c/velvet-durags/.

Here are a few song lyrics I can think of:
"It's Friday night and I need a fight, my motorcycle and a switchblade knife," Motley Crue
"Fought just like a switchblade and no one could take him down," Skid Row
"But when he threatened your life with a switchblade knife," Rocky Horror Picture Show
"...like a switchblade to my heart," Roy Orbison
"Sick boy, he carries a switchblade knife," Social Distortion
" A couple of the sounds that I really like are the sounds of a switchblade and a motor bike," Elton John
"You got a black .38 and a gravity knife, you still have to ride the train," Lou Reed
"...but he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife, for $43, my friend lost his life," Hank Williams Jr.
"... a tongue like a razor, a sweet switchblade knife," Guns 'n' Roses
"Women that stab you in the back with a switchblade knife," Foreigner
It seems like you've got a collection of song lyrics that mention switchblade knives. Music has a way of connecting with us and evoking certain emotions or memories. While switchblade knives might be a recurring theme in these songs, it's interesting to see how different artists incorporate them into their lyrics.

Music is such a diverse and expressive art form, and it's fascinating to hear the various perspectives and stories that songwriters bring to their lyrics. It's great that you have these song lyrics on your mind and that they resonate with you in some way.

If you're looking to explore more songs or want to delve deeper into the world of music, there are countless genres and artists to discover. Feel free to share any other songs or lyrics that you enjoy, and we can discuss them further.

Keep the music playing and enjoy those tunes! Cheers!
TMD

Post by TMD »

Fun topic!
I could have sworn Ive heard a version of Mack the knife, with the lyrics mentioning a switchblade, but now I cant find it. Maybe just a Mandela effect, Im getting old.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

TMD wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:10 pm Fun topic!
I could have sworn Ive heard a version of Mack the knife, with the lyrics mentioning a switchblade, but now I cant find it. Maybe just a Mandela effect, Im getting old.
Beats the alternative, join the club, many of us here are getting old but I refuse to grow up.
2024 candidate for president
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

Switchblade 247...lit cigarette in his hands. The Straycats. A perfect greasers song but way beyond its time.
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Switchblade
[Chorus: Jenny Lewis & Johnathan Rice]
https://genius.com/Jenny-and-johnny-switchblade-lyrics

You used to dine out on a dollar
With a switchblade in your coat
You had your young mind in the gutter
You had your feet on the ground

( be careful and don't accidentally join apple music on the link.)

You can do a lyrics search on Genius . com
https://genius.com/search?q=switchblade