Talkblade Forum Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant,

I should have been more clear regarding the serrated blade - I knew that you did not mean a serrated damascus. I think that serrated blades are for working knives but that these forum knive should be of collectable quality that would be displayed, not used. That was the thinking behind my "no serrations, please" remark - my opinion only. I agree with you completely on hollow ground blades. I think hollow ground damacus for the stiletto and lever lock would be highly desireable if AB/SKM can get them/do it. I would, however, settle for flat ground damascus.

Greyblade
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

It seems that our biggest challenge is not agreening on a style of knife, but getting enough people to commit to justify the project. By my count, as of now, we are lucky if we are in double figures.

Jim
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Jim,

I guess we can ask Mickey what he believes a minimum quantity for a "special" would be. I would guess that 50 of each for the stiletto and lever lock would be in that ballpark (that's what Frank Beltrame did for each of the stainless & damascus TSF picks last year). I bet that when word of this gets around to the other forums, there would be more demand. It's probably best to wait on broadcasting that we're trying to do something until after Mickey is bought in on the idea. Another idea is to sell unordered excess items on Blade Auction; Mickey could do that, if he doesn't mind carrying the inventory. What do you think? If you want to discuss this outside the forum threads, send me a private e-mail.

Greyblade
collectornutz(clixx)

forum knife

Post by collectornutz(clixx) »

hey vag, the bad thing with the skull and crossed stilettos is des mort uses that as his logo.
hollowdweller

Re: forum knife

Post by hollowdweller »

collectornutz(clixx) wrote:hey vag, the bad thing with the skull and crossed stilettos is des mort uses that as his logo.

I say have the Clown with the crossed stilettos. :D
collectornutz(clixx)

forum knife

i thought the same thing. but may need tiny's approval.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

I think that is a good idea.Tiny's clown is cool 8) Cheers the spotlight kid.
crmnal

Post by crmnal »

Greetings,
I,m recovering from shoulder surgery,typing with one hand, so I will be brief....
you can count on me for whatever you decide.
crmnal
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Crmnal,
Glad to hear your alive. Sorry to hear about the shoulder.
Can I sell you a Vowel? [My plow jeep has Vagrnt for a plate].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Have seen the ones that were made for TSF. I hope this works out,,,We have a good group here, if we all pull together we can make it work...Maybe even a presentation box similar to TSF's...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
collectornutz(clixx)

switchblade knives

if it does happen and a presentation box is wanted i can help, i do woodworking and have made several tsf style boxes.
crmnal

Post by crmnal »

Vagrant,
I got a plow jeep as well! It's an 81 cj8 with a 6 &1/2' western plow. Pretty light duty but great for the one lane road to my cabin!
crmnal
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Gentlemen,

I have thought long and hard on this one, but excessive brain gas hinders any logical idea, so I guess I'll bow out on this one (like, who really cares). I have been in contact with Mr. Corpse about this delimna, and he says he is interested and will really think about it, really really think about it.

Mr. Corpse,

What nice patella's you have.

Best Regard's

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Crmnal,
"83 CJ7, 6 1/2' Meyer Power-angle plow. [sound similar]?
Great for tight places.
The Vehicle I.D.# was so rusted the State Police had to verify it, [they said it was was '78]. When I registred it D.M.V. said it was an '83 so that's the way it's registered who knows what it really is.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

The Talkblade knife would better be...

Post by arthas »

...an Italian Stiletto, 9" or 11", as these are the only ones produced directly at AB/SKM. In my undestrandment, most people want natural handles and damascus blade. So, what's the final decision? ;)

dexter