Talkblade Forum Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A matched set.
1 - 9 1/2" Partially serrated Leverlock dark Horn with lots of contrast
1 - 11" Dagger Blade Stletto same scales
I'm perfectly will to compromise on anything but a partially serrated LL
Whatever it is it needs a Special logo maybe Skull and crossed Stilettos instead of bones. Also on the tang I want Maniago it is time the town got
some credit. I'm tired of people showing me Milano Switches and trying to tell me they are Italian it hurts their feelings when I tell them it was made in Milano China. I want MANIAGO in the biggest size that will fit on the tang.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

I like your idea of a matched set, a leverlock and a stiletto, preferably in a custom box. A Maniago tang stamp would be really nice, along with their company logo which I believe they put on Damascus or ATS-34 blades (I am at work and can't access the SKM or Tiny's site to check the photos)

I have never been involved in a project like this, so how about some input from those who have? It seems like we would need to provide SKM with the number of units they know are definately sold before they would commit to do it. When they return from vacation we can inquire about logo / stamping options. In the interim, maybe we can get a count of those interested.

Jim
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Jim,count me in, I'm easy as to design, I'll go with the flow.Lets have a vote on who is interested like you say.I like Vagrants idea of a matched pair,one of each,L.L.and stiletto, as it is different to what other forums have done.Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Hey Vagrant,

I really like the partially serrated leverlock idea. Normally I dislike serrated blades. To me, it just seems like they put so many serrations on them that there is not enough normal edge to do much cutting. But at the length you are talking about there would still be plenty of blade left after the serrations.

I guess the real thing would be what is possible for them to do. Dexter previously said we didn't have much leeway regarding what could be done with a leverlock. I assume it is because they have someone else make them? However maybe if enough people wanted one he could negotiate with them. I guess we'd have have him weigh in. I especially like the idea of the town name. Maybe date too?
Zack

Post by Zack »

I like the idea of a matched set, maybe in some kind of presentation box. I'm not a serrated edge fan, but I'll support whatever decision is made.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have one or two of the old 9 1/2" LLs the serrated section is short leaving about 2/3 of the blade unserrated. It is by far my favorite partially serrated design.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

By my count we only have 5 or 6 people interested, not nearly enough (I assume) to justify a custom run. I will try to post a poll and see what happens.

Jim
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I tried and can't seem to get the poll feature to work

Jim
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I'm interested, but I think I'd need a general idea of how much $ were talking about for the knives before I could commit. I suppose the more knives that were made, the lower the cost of each could be? Or each pair, if the stiletto/lever-lock idea is pursued.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I'm also interested, the idea of a lever and stiletto combo is very appealing in ats34 or damascus. Maybe "TalkBlafe Forum 2002" etched on the blades, or this this a bit cheap.....
Either way i'm in..
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Damascus maybe possible on the LL [Frank makes one].
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

I am interested provided that there are assurances from AB/SKM that these knives will be of better quality than those that they normally sell. If they met the standards of the damascus stilettos that they sell, that would be the minimum that I would consider. I like the idea of damascus blades (without serrations - sorry, Vagrant) on a matched set of 11" stiletto and 8" or 9" lever lock. I suggest that they be offered with dark, light, and stag horn scales. A distinctive tang stamp would be nice, but not the forum kitchen knife, please. Wooden boxes too with the same logo as the tang stamp on the lid and, maybe, Mickey's signature inside. I would think that such knives should cost $100 to $150 each. I base this on what the TSF picklocks cost last year. What do y'all think?

Greyblade
Zack

Post by Zack »

That sounds real good to me. Two classics: an 11" Stiletto, and a 9.5" Lever Lock done in Damascus with matching scales in a presentation box would be a beautiful addition to any collection.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.Greydlade,that would be 8) Cheers the spotlight kid.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Greyblade,
I want a Damascus blade OR a partially serrated. I do NOT want serrated Damascus, that just doesn't seem right. The original partially serrated was done on a hollow ground blade it was much sharper than the standard or bayo blade. A hollow ground blade would also be a good choice.