Spyderco autos

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blade Switcher

Spyderco autos

Post by Blade Switcher »

What's the hive think of the Spydercos?
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
gramps

Re: Sypderco autos

Post by gramps »

I use Spyderco's all the time. I have a few that I use in my rotation as EDC's, non auto users, and the one auto that I keep in good shape. I use it but not hard like the others. :wink:
If I only knew!
catavengercaptain

Re: Spyderco autos

Post by catavengercaptain »

Love the Spydercos my 2 EDCs are also Spydercos :D
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Don't have any of the Spyderco autos, but if it's a spyderco, it's quality.
The Endura and Police models have also been part of my EDC rotation. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Blade Switcher

Post by Blade Switcher »

I'm familiar with Sypdercos. I've owned a few. I was specifically asking how people like the autos. Do they fire with authority? Have a good thwack? In other words, I'm more interested in the auto aspects than a review of Sypdercos generally.
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
gramps

Post by gramps »

Blade Switcher wrote:I'm familiar with Sypdercos. I've owned a few. I was specifically asking how people like the autos. Do they fire with authority? Have a good thwack? In other words, I'm more interested in the auto aspects than a review of Sypdercos generally.
All that !
I have the Spyderco Citadel AUTO Knife. It's the 3-5/8" blade, with a S30V plain edge.
They fire with authority...And have a real good thwack ! :wink:
If I only knew!
catavengercaptain

Okay now I am confused so instead of a quick opening Spyderco you get a Spyderco auto. that has a safety you have to click off 1st before you can open? So isn't it slower? What's the advantage? :?: :?:
gramps

Post by gramps »

catavengercaptain wrote:Okay now I am confused so instead of a quick opening Spyderco you get a Spyderco auto. that has a safety you have to click off 1st before you can open? So isn't it slower? What's the advantage? :?: :?:
I don't use the safety! :wink:
Blade Switcher wrote:I'm familiar with Sypdercos. I've owned a few. I was specifically asking how people like the autos. Do they fire with authority? Have a good thwack? In other words, I'm more interested in the auto aspects than a review of Sypdercos generally.
If I only knew!
catavengercaptain

Thx. Gramps guess they won't accidently open? :o
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Okay now I am confused so instead of a quick opening Spyderco you get a Spyderco auto. that has a safety you have to click off 1st before you can open? So isn't it slower? What's the advantage? :?: :?:
While it may not be as fast, It's 100% more illegal in 70% of the U.S. :lol:
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Spyderco knives are the ugliest knives made. In my humble opinion. :D
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

jimbeam wrote:Spyderco knives are the ugliest knives made. In my humble opinion. :D
Razor_54 wrote:Don't have any of the Spyderco autos, but if it's a spyderco, it's quality.
The Endura and Police models have also been part of my EDC rotation. 8)
I'd like to agree with both of these statements... SpyderCo's are usually ugly, but i'll be damned if their "Po-po" Model (w/SS body) isn't one of the coolest non-auto knives I've handled! :wink:
-Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

spyderco autos are extremely nice and sturdy definately worth getting
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

jimbeam wrote:Spyderco knives are the ugliest knives made. In my humble opinion. :D
...and about 2 days after making that comment I got an order from a CSI guy with the Sao Paolo Police for a Spyderco Superhawk. :oops: I now agree with Free - may be ugly but a really nice knife in the hand.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I have known for well over a decade that they are high quality knives but ugly.
The only one I ever owned was the Spyderco Military that I found on a busy street.
It had been run over a hundred times and other than both sides being scratched to smithereens it worked perfectly and looked to have been sharpened once but well done.
There were a few people in traffic honking their horns and flipping middle fingers but I found a good knife that day. 8)

Here is a quote from the Spyderco site: Someone once said to Sal Glesser, Spyderco's owner, "You must design in the dark because your knives look so strange." True again. Our recognizable appearance is a result of designing ergonomic functional tools rather than applying lipstick and nylons to a pocketknife. We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable. Making knives that consistently deliver reliable high-performance requires an ongoing commitment to testing.