Piranha Knife co. Experience (2nd)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Belmont800

Piranha Knife co. Experience (2nd)

Post by Belmont800 »

I got this little Excalibur with some additional "customizations". It had what looked like a "3" scratched into the back of the handle with what looked like a safety-pin... I will add new posts as I go through the replacement process..

It went to Piranha. I called the main number and spoke to someone, was interested in the problem, wrote my name and issue down and said that all would be taken care of. Person sounded smart and like he knew what he was doing...
Last edited by Belmont800 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Belmont800
Belmont800

Re: Piranha Knife co. Experience (2nd)

Post by Belmont800 »

Shipping return refund issued
Last edited by Belmont800 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Belmont800
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Piranha showed great promise when they started up but they seem to be steadily slipping.

Shipping an automatic knife through the US Postal Service is frowned upon by federal authorities. Paying more to send it legally through a "common carrier" is, imho, much better than worrying about being that guy who get's used as an example.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Piranha showed great promise when they started up but they seem to be steadily slipping.
I've heard that too many times before, North American Arms, Valkyrie Arms, Piranha Knife Co. Just to name a few. Sad to see a good company go bad.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

As far as I know, the company is awesome! They're very small, but still hanging in there with all their demands.
ANY problems at all, and they'll take care of it! unlike other well known OTF producers.
some people talk out their rear-ends about a company. Everyone I know who owns a piranha has been pleased with it. doesn't mean everyone who's ever owned one has been pleased, but everyone I KNOW who owns one, has been super pleased. If you hear a loud rattle, send it to Idaho, they'll fix it. IF you have blade movement, they'll fix it. If you have scratches, that you didn't put there, they'll take care of it. Not all American switch companies are as giving in their customer service.
Piranha gets 5 stars in my book!
-Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

A note about the UPS request on their part as so many seem to ignore the law.....as stated already it is illegal to ship these via the USPS, but not by common carrier. if you are not shipping them as merchandise and not using the USPS then you are not in violation of federal law. Either party requesting the use of the USPS or the sender are both equally in violation of the federal law as it is written. I am always amazed by the statements in online ads about "sending via USPS Priorty mail" and or USPS money orders only for payment....I can only assume that both parties do not realise they are instantly federal felons once they deal is completed ( wheter or not they are charged they did commit the crime), and they leave a great evidence trail- ad, emails, money order issued and cashed....I guess sone just don't care ot think it will never be them.....that is why they are following the law and requesting use of UPS to repair an item for you.
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Thank You Tom and Horizon for the information on shipping...

I did not know that, very interesting information. Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Belmont800 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belmont800
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Your welcome for the info, in fact here is a link to Bernard Levine's site. He has the federal and state laws listed and has a few very interesting articles he wrote that were in several knife magazines. If you don't read the law then don't complain you did not know if you get in trouble....

http://knife-expert.com/links.htm
monstro

Post by monstro »

AFAIK, Piranhas customer service is solid enough.
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Knife arrived Back Today. Piranha did a great job of fixing the knife and sending it back, rather than replacing a great-working knife. (This is exactly what I asked them to do). Piranha Co. has great customer service, hands down. I would not hesitate to buy from them again and would recommend to others.
Belmont800
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Great to know. Thanks for sharing your experience 8)