Cobra 7 3/4

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mr_Guano

Cobra 7 3/4

Post by Mr_Guano »

Hello.

I've searched for reviews of the SKM Cobra, but couldn't find one.

I got one with champagne satin scales and (very fine) satin finish blade.
The blade almost looks mirror finished, if you ask me.
Blade = shaving sharp from the box. Hollow ground (?). Don't know what that means exactly, but I think that's what it is.
Scales = beautiful color, flawless finish, smooth and very light.
Fit in hand = excellent, perfect shape of scales combined with rubber inlays on each side makes it very comfortable.
Spring/kick = coil spring, not the hardest spring I've seen. It stops thrusting at 3/4 open, but the action is so smooth that it still makes a loud "shhwiiiiiclaCKH" when opened. Spring is approved (30% weaker than a Godfather, so it still has plenty power).
Button = polished, flush with scale. Will not open by accident.
Assembly = hex screws.
Spacers between scales = Checkered! Very cool detail!

A couple MINOR details:
If you're gonna use a lanyard, beware that the blade can move a little when closed. It can move about 4mm in from locked position.
That makes the tip cut into the lanyard hole. If the lanyard is of fabric or leather, the lanyard takes the damage. If the lanyard is connected via some key ring thing, the tip of the blade will be damaged...

Non-button side scale has holes drilled for the screws. The holes go all the way through, but the screws don't. Couldn't either the screws go through and be cut flush with scale OR the holes not be drilled all the way?

Other than these two minor (can't say that enough) things,
I'm very satisfied with it! It's great fun to play with, and it's got a sheeple friendly utility appearance (at least I think so).

In my opinion it's worth the money (don't forget you get more than a knife when you buy from SKM. you get excellent service and a FORUM to enjoy!).

Take care,
Mr_G
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Mr_Guano,

Thank you for the knife review.
I bet you can't say "shhwiiiiiclaCKH" three times very fast! :D Is that the Norwegian word for "click"? :wink:

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:Mr_Guano,

I bet you can't say "shhwiiiiiclaCKH" three times very fast! :D Is that the Norwegian word for "click"? :wink:

The Falcon
I wonder what the Norwegian word for ffft is? [That's roughly the sound of a blowgun].
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

The Falcon wrote:Mr_Guano,

The Falcon
Hey, I can't even say it ONCE... :D
It's not the norwegian word for click. That would be "click".
After some thinking, it sounds more like phsssPLOCK than shhwiiiiiclaCKH.
Certainly not a simple 'klik'.
maybe even cliphsssPLOCKaaahhh (where the aaahhh comes from me).
And when shaving with it, it sounds like ratcha,ratcha,ratcha.
If I accidentally cut myself, it's ratcha,ratcha,raslitz.

Vagrant,
Today I'm unable to make that blowgun sound (cold air + G&T really had a nasty effect this weekend. Can barely breath now. Woke up with a mouthful of wool and peanutbutter. Well, that was the feeling anyway)
If I was feeling OK, the blowgun would probably sound like fffptAh-bANGscwiiiiii-ptok.
Yes gentlemen, that was the sonic boom of an arrow going faster than the speed of sound.
But today it would be fffff-ping, as the arrow would just fall to the ground right after leaving the pipe.

Take care,
Mr_G
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"
Vagrant,
Today I'm unable to make that blowgun sound (cold air + G&T really had a nasty effect this weekend. Can barely breath now. Woke up with a mouthful of wool and peanutbutter. Well, that was the feeling anyway)
If I was feeling OK, the blowgun would probably sound like fffptAh-bANGscwiiiiii-ptok.
Yes gentlemen, that was the sonic boom of an arrow going faster than the speed of sound.
But today it would be fffff-ping, as the arrow would just fall to the ground right after leaving the pipe"

LOL [and I hope you feel better].