Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
krakenten

Re: Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

Post by krakenten »

I keep suggesting that the Maniago smiths put a bail on a swing guard and get in on the action.
Life has no value, Death has a price
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

krakenten wrote:I keep suggesting that the Maniago smiths put a bail on a swing guard and get in on the action.
I have been saying that for years. Not because of the Rizzy but because I like a bail on certain styles.

My thoughts on the Rizz ever making a come back are mixed. If they ever remake this style again I would hope they make them a little beefier and with better steels and materials.

I most likely would not buy one anyway,I am just one of those hard-headed guys that will stick with the true Italians.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

krakenten wrote:I keep suggesting that the Maniago smiths put a bail on a swing guard and get in on the action.
I wish they would, but it'd take a little more than just sticking a bail on a standard Italian if they wanted to get in with the Rizzy crowd. They'd also need to make the guards the right shape and make the scales flush with the bolsters. Flat grind/swedge blades wouldn't hurt either.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Anybody else see the auction that was on SD a few minutes ago? Another black step-bolster Rizzy had a bid up to $899. Amazing. It's gone now. Not sure if it sold or was removed for some reason.

Edit: Now there's a white one up to $750...

http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=64693
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

man as much as the real Rizzuto swinguards are going for you could have a complete custom made copy that would blow the original away . it would not be anything to make them and would probably be cheaper than buying a original . they can be made to look exactly like originals but with up-graded materials like solid nickel/silver bolsters, brass button and safety, stainless steel or brass liners, button open button close set up, solid black blackhorn or black plastic for handles, bolsters and handles flush with each other, 440 or ATS-34 bayonet blade , nickel/silver or stainless swinguards, and of course the decorative bail on end of knife, 2 piece backspring/spring (slip in type or dove tail type). maybe i get one done an tease you all with it lol :D
Thanks Bernie *** Folgore Knives USA ***
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

$899!!!! $750!!!! Sorry that is just WRONG!!!!! MetalGod I agree with you 100% !!!!
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

:lol: I dunno, people will pay what they wanna pay. I definitely agree with Bernie though...I'd much sooner have a custom knife built to look just like a Rizzuto than drop a grand on a vintage one.

By the way, there's an interesting type of Rizzy that I've never seen before up for auction now. It has wood scales and according to the seller is bulky and well-made. The stamp says "Rissuto" instead of "Rizzuto"...

http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=64700
limabravo

Post by limabravo »

Jimbeam,

Did your friend ever make them? Do you have a pic?
novice

Post by novice »

METALGOD wrote:man as much as the real Rizzuto swinguards are going for you could have a complete custom made copy that would blow the original away .
This is one of the things that I like about knife collecting. For me, I am in 100% agreement. For the next guy, he's shelling out a pantload.

:shock:

I traded off (2) broken 11" batwings in red & white along with several other neglible Rizzotos for a Campolin coil spring and he likely got the better deal but I could not have been happier. It's all part & parcel of it because I could not fix them and he was giving that a shot.