My new Knives (and other things I got in the mail)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

My new Knives (and other things I got in the mail)

Post by dark2023 »

Someone told me to post my knives and things when they get here, so I decided I would.

Here is my new Stiletto, got it from Roadsideimports, they claim it's as nice as any italian (not quite sure if that's true), it was a bit more expensive than most other value stilettos. (It only has one issue, if you don't press the bottom firmly, or give it a little flick with your wrist, the blade tends to not lock into place.). It's Heavy and pretty and came with a nylon sheath, And I like it.

I also got my "Guardfather" OTF Spike, in red. I like this too, it's a little lighter than I would've thought, but it works wonderfully. (it also fits perfectly inside the folding stock on my AK (which is kind of cool, IMO))

(the blade looks much better in person than it does in this photo)

(so far still waiting on my airborne-thrasher to get here, but I have all the parts. When it gets here I'll post it up too)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
dark2023

Re: My new Knives (and other things I got in the mail)

Post by dark2023 »

(having fun with the camera)

Below is an example of what I mean about it fitting in the AK's stock so nicely.
I put a spring in there with it so that it doesn't rattle around and fits snugly
I put gaffers tape around the top part of the stock because it's open on the bottom. But with the tape the spike and spring wont fall out.
Last edited by dark2023 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Excellent. Now when you decide to buy an Italian you can compare the two.
I like the spike,very cool that it fits inside the gun stock 8)

Congrats on your new additions.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Very Nice. The spike is different, I need one of those!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The bug has bit...You'll probably have a dozen more auto's a month from now.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

whippersnapper wrote:The bug has bit...You'll probably have a dozen more auto's a month from now.
:lol: prophecy
"Everyone is your neighbor."
john

Post by john »

Hello dark2023,
Nice blue scales on the stiletto. I like the way your knife looks. Great idea putting the spike in the stock.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

The bug has bit...You'll probably have a dozen more auto's a month from now.
More like a year from now. Money's kind of tight right now.

Nice blue scales on the stiletto. I like the way your knife looks. Great idea putting the spike in the stock.
Thanks, the pictures dont do either of them justice. (the knife looks and feels wonderful, very pretty. And the spike fits in the stock like a dream, perfect size, it opens just fine with just enough room for clearance, and since it's red, it looks like something the spetznaz might've actually used.)
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Alright, my Airbourne Thrasher still hasn't been shipped. Hoping it'll be here before next Friday.

But, I have something else. This is a .36 Caliber, 1851 Colt Navy, black powder revolver. Just got it today, got it from a friend for $200 and an old PlayStation 2.

The gun as it is displayed

Loading Position

Firing Position

A very Artistic Photo that I took of it

One thing that I love is that it has these ships engraved into the cylinder (makes sense assuming it's a "Navy" model revolver)

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

You are coming along nicely. Now that you have a very good start- You should consider the accessories needed to care for these new additions.
Cleaning kit for the revolver should be number one. I say this because it is affordable and they can corrode almost immediately after firing them.(also read-up all you can on these guns,knowledge is your best friend,cleaning and taking it apart several times before you ever fire it is the best way to familiarize yourself with the gun)
My older brother was a Marine,they called it "finger f***ing it until you get familiar with it. 8)
(aka "handling it")

Two: Always wipe it down with a clean cloth after handling,darn things can rust over night.
The next thing is to be sure to buy the right size ammunition and the correct caps,wadding etc.
Some day you can make your own lead balls. (very easy)
The .36 is an awesome caliber to start with.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I built a similar revolver from a kit in high school shop class (not that they took much building)....Bet they'd frown on that in school nowadays....

I have had a few, and they are alot of fun, but I could never seem to shoot them very well.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

You are coming along nicely. Now that you have a very good start- You should consider the accessories needed to care for these new additions.
Cleaning kit for the revolver should be number one. I say this because it is affordable and they can corrode almost immediately after firing them.(also read-up all you can on these guns,knowledge is your best friend,cleaning and taking it apart several times before you ever fire it is the best way to familiarize yourself with the gun)
My older brother was a Marine,they called it "finger f***ing it until you get familiar with it. 8)
(aka "handling it")

Two: Always wipe it down with a clean cloth after handling,darn things can rust over night.
The next thing is to be sure to buy the right size ammunition and the correct caps,wadding etc.
Some day you can make your own lead balls. (very easy)
The .36 is an awesome caliber to start with.
I will definitely get a cleaning kit soon, and maybe a shadow box for display. I was not aware that they rust just from being handled, I'll make sure to thoroughly clean it. I really dread taking this gun apart, seeing as how it wasn't exactly meant to be disassembled very often. I already know the correct caps and ammunition (#10 caps, .36 ammo), but I didn't know that the wadding mattered. Some day I plan on making my own lead balls, caps (they make a machine online) and powder for the gun.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Correct size ball for a .36 caliber revolver is actually .375. When you press the ball into the cylinder it should shave off a small circular ring of lead. This means you have a correct fit. You don't need wadding or a patch in a revolver, but they say you should use grease over the ball in the gap left between the ball and the barrel. This helps prevent chain firing. I never used grease, and never had a problem. It is also recommended that you only load 5 cylinders.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

My cousin used Crisco in his pistol :lol:
They don't rust that easily but I always rubbed a light coat of oil over mine. I haven't owned one in years but like to get another someday. They are really a lot of fun to shoot.
Mine was a .44

You are right,I don't know why I mentioned wadding,it was late :roll: This is what I was thinking of.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t104491980

Here's a cool cleaning kit for about 15 bucks.
http://www.cabelas.com/patches-solvents ... it-1.shtml
jetnet22

Post by jetnet22 »

Very Nice. lace wigs