My new Knives (and other things I got in the mail)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Re: My new Knives (and other things I got in the mail)

Post by dark2023 »

I dunno, but I may just buy a titan for comparison purposes, (and maybe if I'm lucky the parts I have will fit in it)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

dark2023 wrote:I dunno, but I may just buy a titan for comparison purposes, (and maybe if I'm lucky the parts I have will fit in it)
I say go for it! :P They're only $10 at the link FreetheArmy provided and I'd like to hear about how they compare from someone who has them both in hand.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

well, dark2023, i'm sorry to have given you sour information.
yours must be the newer version and BTB's might be even newer.
this is the one i bought in 2008:
http://www.myswitchblade.com/Black_Tita ... lash-e.htm
perhaps, the makers realized the problem with the aluminum slides and started using steel pieces. but as a recommendation, hang on to the t6 piece (if it fits, that is... ) because it looks like your chassis is only spot welded where it meets the button, which might not hold up too long. but hey, i've been wrong before :)
"Everyone is your neighbor."
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'm keeping the pieces. Though the springs dont fit right and come off after about 2 firings.

Also, the source were they are $11 requires you have a minimum order of at least $100
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

dark2023 wrote:Also, the source were they are $11 requires you have a minimum order of at least $100
Ah, it's a bulk sale site. I didn't notice that. Oh well.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Thats fine, I'll probably buy a few titans (give em to friends), maybe a crappy umbrella sword and a few other little things. $100 dollars on that site means a lot of stuff. Though most of it isn't the best quality, it's still cool.
sicboy wrote:I have a "Titan III"... kinda of a tanish - grey color with a silver button.. it has never misfired once... I think I could run it over a few hundred times and it would still work fine... I bought it for $38 bucks over at bladebid... nice seller...
If you mean a Boker Titan III, that's a completely different knife. Were talking about scarab clones.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

dark2023 wrote:
sicboy wrote:I have a "Titan III"... kinda of a tanish - grey color with a silver button.. it has never misfired once... I think I could run it over a few hundred times and it would still work fine... I bought it for $38 bucks over at bladebid... nice seller...
If you mean a Boker Titan III, that's a completely different knife. Were talking about scarab clones.
He's talking about one of these...

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Titan-DA-Grey-OTF--5009

...from earlier
BTB0923 wrote:There are some other double action otf that have been sold under the name "Titan".
fruitrhinitis

Post by fruitrhinitis »

This sterling silver lighter has a winged serpent folded over the body of the lighter, though the lighter resembles an old textbook. The mythical beast seems to have wrapped itself immovably around the lighter to give you a less demanding hold of the lighter.
STERLING SILVER LIGHTER

The most noteworthy quality, strong sterling silver has been utilized to ensure this lighter is sturdy, thick and overwhelming. The blend of these components makes this a tough lighter that you will ideally clutch.