Knife shop??

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

J-Man...Even an ex-cop can not legally carry switchblades... Now i'm just a regular citizen...but no cop will ever take an auto off an ex-cop, law or no law...I can legally own autos....
The bottom line is, who's going to stop me....a fellow officer....guess not....
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Seems about right... Would a 23 year navy veteran be charged if he was carrying one (well Retired of coruse) because I have an Uncle who has been in the Navy for 23 years was Honorably Discharged too. Or would he be taking a chance..
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I personally think, he would be taken a chance..He is no longer military, just a regular citizen who has to abid by civilian laws...
That only my guess, i'm no lawyer......
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This is where "officer discretion" makes a big difference. Attitude [yours] can make you or break you. Also his attitude can do the same, if he's had a bad day you may be screwed no matter how nice you are. Even if all goes as well as it can the knife is probably gone. This is a guess based on talking with cops I know, with some reading between the lines, and filling in the blanks for those who had "no comment". These guys could bust me anytime they wanted but so far [knock on wood] that hasn't happenend [yet]. "Mouth off" and you're "toast" with even the nicest of them. Regional or national differences also my have an effect. Another factor is wheather it's a misdemeanor or felony in your area, no free rides on a felony. Bottom line it's a crap shoot. Best bet is never behave in a manner that gets their attention.