Knife shop??

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mr_edge

Knife shop??

Post by mr_edge »

Any of you guys ever order from Knife Shop? I like the selection. Are they are good service provider? Any problems with importing autos? :?
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Mr.Edge,Knifeshop are a top quality site,and you can count on good merchandise.If you have a problem with your order they are always most civil and helpful with your problem.As for delivery to the states I cannot say.I highly recommend them for doing buisness with.Same as the guys here at S.K.M. A/B.Cheers the spotlight kid.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

I live in Canada...but I figure express shipping might get 'em thru.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. mr_edge,

I have placed perhaps a half-dozen orders (Express) with the Knifeshop. All got through, shipping was super-fast, quality was good. I highly recommend them!

I have even higher praises for AB/SKM! Each offers products not available from the other.

Go ahead and order, mr_edge - You will be mos' pleased!

Let us know what you get and how you like them...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Just put in an order for a rosewood Hubertus Slimline 12cm (express). Man, I've been drooling over them for the longest time, and knife shop seems like the best deal offered (that's feasible for a Canadian, anyways). Apparently they ship them in kits. That should be interesting. Anyways, here's keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives! Thanx, guys.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

YIPPEE, Mr. mr_edge!

You should have your order within a week! Keep us posted!
JerrBear
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Never ordered from Knife Shop. I've seen a couple of french autos on their site and will be placing my order shortly....Keep us posted.......
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Just ordered two swing guards and one Mikov from the Knifeshop...
Was trying NOT to order anything until next month, but I didn't make it...
JerrBear
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

mr_edge,

I've ordered from Knifeshop twice and with pleased with the products and service each time. When ordering from any of the European suppliers, always use Express shipping as it decreases the odds of custums seizures, and you'll get your order within a few days. Also consider buying several knives per order to help spread out the cost of shipping. I'm sure you'll like the Hubertus, it should last a life time. I got mine from Tiny, and you may want to check his site first before ordering from overseas. He doesn't always have the best selection, but his prices/service are unbeatable.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Well, I'll be damned. I ordered this slimline on sunday and I'm playing with it on wednesday. You sure as hell can't beat that for an impulse buy! You boys were right, great service and one well built knife...rock solid lock-up. One thing though, the tension bar running along the middle of the front scale kind of bows between the mid-rivet and rear bolster. It isn't flush with the rosewood and kind of cheapens the look of an otherwise top-notch knife. Is this fairly standard on the Hubertus?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Mr_Edge,

I recently bought a Seigfried imitation stag on Blade Auction - Same thing!
JerrBear
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I've seen a couple of french autos on their site -------

Razor,
I have several French Autos. The Stiletto type feel a little "light duty" but
have held up well. They have a very quick snap. The Bastide type are not
super fast but they are very well made. They are very light but very sturdy. The Laguiole type are o.k. but not great, they are very comfortable
in the pocket or in the hand, but not meant for all day, every day, heavy
use. If they made these as solid and well finished as the non-auto Laguioles they would be a true "force" in the business, but begging and pleading for even one natural handle [Horn, Wood, Stag] has not had any
effect. [the French can be very French].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Vagrant:

Thanks for the feed back on the french auto's...Just ordered the OTF model and the russian lever lock....My thumb is already flicking in anticipation......
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Last time I checked the Russian was not in stock. I hope you get one it's a great knife.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

mr_edge wrote:Well, I'll be damned. I ordered this slimline on sunday and I'm playing with it on wednesday. You sure as hell can't beat that for an impulse buy! You boys were right, great service and one well built knife...rock solid lock-up. One thing though, the tension bar running along the middle of the front scale kind of bows between the mid-rivet and rear bolster. It isn't flush with the rosewood and kind of cheapens the look of an otherwise top-notch knife. Is this fairly standard on the Hubertus?
Mr mr_edge. The 'tension bar' is actually a cosmetic cover for the actual lever spring. The lever pring is sandwiched between this cover and the frame. The pin in the middle of the handle holds these parts together. The leverspring though is not as long as the handle and thats why theres a bowed part. This is how they are and is not a defect.