Knife shop??

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Rocc,

Very interesting. It might not be defective, but it sure is "junky-looking." You would think they could place a shim or something in there to make the cover fit flush against the bottom bolster?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor,
I just clicked on Knifeshop and both the Russian and the Bargeon are listed as "not on stock". Hope you get yours. The Bargeon OTF feels very light-duty but mine has held up well [so far]. Good snap, good steel, sharp edge. The two I have in my display case have been "flicked" by evreybody and their friends and still work fine so don't let the cheap feel
bother you these work well.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Thanx Roccomo,

I'm glad it's not a defect, but I agree with Jerr. It's such a quality piece otherwise. A shame to overlook this on the fit and finish. Nonetheless, I love the hubertus and can't believe how quick it was on my doorstep.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Mr. Jerrbear and mr_edge. I'm home now and looking at my AB lever next to my age old Hubertus. The AB's leverspring cover (from the center pin) goes uphill a bit to sort of a peak and then goes steeply down till it tucks into the rear bolster. The hubertus does the same but in a much more subtle way. There must be reason that they are made this way but I'm not a cutler and I don't know why.

By the way, thank you mr_edge. Due to your praise of knife shop I'm going to order from them soon.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Vagrant...You were right, the Russian lever is on back order....As for the Bargeon, it seems i got the last one and being shipped out. The french otf reminds me alot of the otf's offered at SKM. I agree they are light duty, but are fun to collect and flick. I was looking forward to owning the Russian, but no luck.

Almost forgot...Vagrant....http://WWW.CUTLERYTOGO.COM had some Bargeon otf's in stock, but they have that stupid compliance form to fill out. Have ordered once from them...No problems.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor
Glad you got one of them at least. I believe I ordered the last of the Russians and then "donated" it to a branch of the U.S. government [against my will]. But I picked one up in a local Gun Shop. The only difference mine has some file-work on the liners next to the back spine. They only had one of these but at least I got the one and have it in my collection. {actuallyit's in my pocket, it's a great working knife}.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I hate when i hear things like that....the US customs is just as bad as the Canadian....You were lucky to get another Russian for your collection.
The last time i was down in the states they wanted a police id to purchase an auto,,I beleive it was in Boston.
I'm hoping the Knifeshop renews their stock quickly, so that i can get a couple for my collection....
~RAZOR~
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Razor did ya still have police ID on you when that happened? Wouldn't you still have a police or ex-police idefeication card on you?

Latley I've been considering joing the Militariy, not for the weapons fact that you can possess and carry like switchblades. But my family has a long history. Mise well fill it and get to possess switches legally. Although I'll be on just booze for a while.

-------------
An Un-stoneing-up knife nut
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

J-man,
The U.S. code on Switchblades allows for Military to have Switchblades BUT, no matter what your rank your commanding officer has to approve it,
and fill out a form. Most don't want to assume the responsibility or be bothered. This means no such luck. The good news is many dealers will sell to anyone with any type of I.D. that qualifies [Police, Military, Fire/Rescue, EMT, EMS etc.]. Some dealers will sell to anyone who meets their qualifications [cash, check, money-order, or paypal].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor,
Even an expired Police I.D. gets you a discount with me [my father was a Cop]. Next time you're in the States try to find the Hollis New Hampshire
Flea Market [Sudays 8:00 a.m -3:00 p.m.] I'll be in the back right side of
the pine grove. The guy next to me sells Military stuff and some firearms.
[to N.H. residents only], if you forget to tell him you're not a N.H. resident he will assume you are, and will sell you whatever he has. [Mostly long guns but the occassional pistol shows up].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

J-Man...Even with an ex-police id they would not sell to me..They have no way of knowing if my credentials are fakes or not....And i also was not a US police officer....
Thanks for the invite....Vagrant....sounds great.
~RAZOR~
J-man

Post by J-man »

Mr. Razor
Since your an EX-cop can you legally carry switches?

Mr. Vagrant
Would you expect a Military card? And Yes I can order from Online stores just send in a copy of your Military Status Card, besides anywayz the code on Canadian Military allows for Meele weapons to be carried or possessed as long as ordered and/or bought by Military personell or something like that I'm too lazy to look up the text all I did was read a hand book.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Military card is good enough for me.
Actually if you make it to the flea market all you need is pictures of dead presidents.
J-man

Post by J-man »

I mean accpect, but anywayz pictures of dead presidents are easier.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. J-man

Keep going, you're getting closer!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?