Grab this one quick!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
krakenten

Grab this one quick!

Post by krakenten »

Our friend Stu 911 has a single Bargeon oversize stiletto for sale. I got the other one.

The oversize Bargeon is a very hard knife to find, French knives are fairly scarce(bet the French have lots of them, the greedy heathens!), It has an old fashioned look, and a nice lanyard bail, too. The blade is a hair over four inches, flat ground and well shaped.

Mine is going in the display case with the Bargeon Ejector, their very difficult to find out the front.

Stu also has a few smaller patterns,rare enough to be worth collecting.

Merry Christmas!
Life has no value, Death has a price
jarvis

Re: Grab this one quick!

Post by jarvis »

Stu wrote:G. DAVID {ARBALETE} LARGE BARGEON AUTO SIDE OPENER
Price: $175.00
Yikes! :shock:
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

jarvis wrote:
Stu wrote:G. DAVID {ARBALETE} LARGE BARGEON AUTO SIDE OPENER
Price: $175.00
Yikes! :shock:
DOUBLE YIKES, :shock: Mr. Jarvis. I looked at that earlier and it scared me off tooness...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Yeah, it's spendy.

However, it's an important piece for a collection, and scarce as rocking horse dung(for some reason), this is the first one I've seen that was actually in stock and available.

The pattern is made in several sizesa, a few with staghorn scales, others with metal slabs. One of the all metal knives was brandished by the vile Frank in the first 'Hellraiser' movie. It was a perfect choice, the all metal one looks custom made for villiany, and a deprave-o like that character.

I just had to have one, and I'll whistle "Je ne Regrette Rien" every time I open it! .
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

That's $100 more than I paid Stu for the metal handled 7 1/2" version a couple of years ago. Pricey then, outasight now. Further proof our once go to guy for reasonably priced items has changed his business model.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

natcherly wrote:That's $100 more than I paid Stu for the metal handled 7 1/2" version a couple of years ago. Pricey then, outasight now. Further proof our once go to guy for reasonably priced items has changed his business model.
I discovered that a long time ago. 8)
JackDRipper

Post by JackDRipper »

Doesn't seem like much of a deal when there is one on SD with a buy it now price of 136 bux, (no, it's not mine :) )
Are we having fun yet?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Beautiful knives! I own one of the Bargeon G. David Arbalete otfs and it is by far my favorite otf that I have. In fact, I like it so much that I recently made a youtube vid of it so others could see and hear the action on it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/oAROWANAo?f ... lL-ncxb9RM

Recently I have seen French knives popping up fairly regularly on the SD Auction site, and accordingly the asking price has gone down some. I believe there was a lot of them imported this past summer. Irregardless, I still consider them rare knives and I echo Krakenten's enthusiasm. The whole French Bargeon lineup is very different and cool.
krakenten wrote:One of the all metal knives was brandished by the vile Frank in the first 'Hellraiser' movie. It was a perfect choice, the all metal one looks custom made for villiany, and a deprave-o like that character.
Believe it or not that knife is actually Spanish-made, but I WANT ONE. The evil-looking guards it has are beyond cool. Gunner snagged one over the summer, and he mentioned that it was of much higher quality than he expected. My understanding is that it was a "tourist knife" so build quality would be expectedly low. But for me, the coolness factor it has trumps the quality anyways...

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

got rid of my frenchies when they pussed out on during desert storm! we should have let hitler have em!!!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sammy da blade wrote:got rid of my frenchies when they pussed out on during desert storm! we should have let hitler have em!!!
I hear ya brother. I disliked the French stance during that particular time of war myself, but I'm not about to judge the craftsmanship of a single French compay based on the political mindset of the entire country during wartime. The people that designed these knives didn't have a war on their minds. Art supercedes war. 8)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

OK for those of you complaining about prices, there is a Berlin Wall Hubie on SD for $150 and a Krupps 100th anniversary model for not much more. They haven't sold and the seller keeps lowering the price. These prices are much lower than the going rates of a couple of years ago.

Jim
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Some of you guys wou;d beef if they hung you with a new rope!

Everybody's prices have gone up, the exchange rates are different, the economy is poor and people have to make a living. No profit, no merch, capeech? It was the guys like Stu, and others, who brought prices down by doing honest biz, they take risks, they deserve return,

If you can find one of these knives for less, buy them there. Stu has always been good to me, and if he has it for a few more dollars than someone else, I'll buy it from him, because I remember how good he's treated me in the past.

Chances to buy one of these knives don't come around often, I wanted one, so I bit down and ordered it. I'm pretty sure that if he'd been able to, he'd have priced it lower. If you read his description, Stu got this from his Italian suppliers, they got it from France. The more hands touch an item, the higher the price.

I'm not a serious collector, I buy what I like. Others must do what they think is right for them, I'm not going to fault them for it.

If you want one, you know where to get it.
h1942

Post by h1942 »

The large Bargeon used tobe in the 85 dollar range. Hank
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Jeeze, where were you a couple of days ago?

I can recomend Bargeon knives, ever one I ever saw was first rate, if you can get a better price, jump on it like a chicken on a worm sandwich, you'll like them.

Oh, and no disrespect to you, compadre, but as they say in the community, "Usta be is daid", I haven't seen one of these for sale in quite a while, and I look for them. I'm a big fan of their OTF, but since the Titan and the Lightning came along, I'm happy with the one I have.

It's a pity we can't get these knives regularly and better prices(wonder what they sell for in Paris?), but we can't and that's that.

Mine is on the way, and I'm happy.
Last edited by krakenten on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
big_ski

Post by big_ski »

I think the reason Stu has the knife at that price is because he's competing with individual sellers. So he can list his 9.5 inch Bargeon on his full blown website 24-7-365 while the typical collector individual can only list their 9.5 inch Bargeon for 7 days here at $140, 7 days there, skip a month, come back at $135 and so on. And so he hopes these individual sellers will give up and therefore frustrate all 9.5 inch Bargeon collectors because his 9.5 inch Bargeon is always there and available until it sells. When individual sellers quit then that makes his kinfe more appealing. :idea: