Grab this one quick!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Re: Grab this one quick!

Post by Panzerfaust »

I just got this one in today and it cost $110. A neat knife, although I am disappointed that the blade is a little crooked when open. I gather that is a common problem with these.
Attachments
DSCF1502.JPG
DSCF1502.JPG (45.47 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The crooked blade is common on all of the larger ones. It is rare to get one that is perfect. As for Stu, I will give my well informed opinion once again. Stu is a dealer, not so much a die hard collector. His first business model was "Walmart" like in that he sold in high volume with low per unit profit. He sells wholesale too and always has. At some point I feel he decided to move to more wholesale while still keeping an active retail operation. He is a smart enough business man to realize the best way to expand your wholesale sales is to allow your dealers ( customers) to sell at a percieved lower price, so they become the new bargin place to buy. How to do that? Well increase you retail price point, and go from "Walmart" to "Tiffany's" in your retail pricing. Stu was the bargin dealer for years, and at shows I went to all the dealers hated him for his low prices. Some were his dealer customers. Stu is now and always has been a great guy and business man, but his focus has changed and he has other businesses to attend too also. That is all, any more explaining will cost your college tution....lol....
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

The other one on Stu's website has sold. These really are cool knives and different from anything I have owned. I have opened mine so many times in the last two days that my thumb is starting to get sore from pressing the button!
Bama

Post by Bama »

h1942 wrote:The large Bargeon used tobe in the 85 dollar range. Hank
Good old days! :) That is what I remembered them at too. The 7"ers were around $65 - $70 if memory serves. The big one had one heck of a snap to it! Better hang on tight.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Well, gee, thanks a lot!

VBR,

Frank (Not so Vile)
krakenten wrote:Yeah, it's spendy.

However, it's an important piece for a collection, and scarce as rocking horse dung(for some reason), this is the first one I've seen that was actually in stock and available.

The pattern is made in several sizesa, a few with staghorn scales, others with metal slabs. One of the all metal knives was brandished by the vile Frank in the first 'Hellraiser' movie. It was a perfect choice, the all metal one looks custom made for villiany, and a deprave-o like that character.

I just had to have one, and I'll whistle "Je ne Regrette Rien" every time I open it! .
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Different Frank, sorry brah.

Where he got a switchblade, I don't know, when he arrived back in this world, he didn't even have his skin. and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

He was a heel, but Pinhead is a lot worse.
Happy New Year!
RCE
Life has no value, Death has a price
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

The knife arrived today.

It's nice and straight, the shape of the blade is difficult to keep absolutely straight, but this one is almost perfectly true.

As I've said before, I like them noisy, and this thing goes off like a thunderbolt, you can feel the jump in your hand. The liners are milled, a nice touch, the checkering on the scales is crisp, and the scales are secured by the bolsters, they're on to stay. The button is rectangular, rounded for comfort and snag proofing. The lanyard bail is sturdy and wide, and it'll serve as an extra safety.

The knife itself is as as tight as a Memorial Day uniform, and the workmanship is top notch.

"Non, rien de rien, non, je regrette rien"
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

krakenten

Post by krakenten »

The larger knife has a peculiar offset unlocking lug-not really a humpback, the mechanism is complex, but it locks up the blade very solidly, this knife is generally very,very tight, safety, blade lock, pivot, even the lanyard loop is snug and solid.

Shake it, no rattle,a'tall.

Yes, it's expensive, but, by Jingo, it's pretty much worth it.

I wish these were more common, and that the Ejector(oversize OTF, works very well).

Good knives.