AGA Sicilian Question

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Lawrence

AGA Sicilian Question

Post by Lawrence »

The 15"AGA Sicilian is a real beauty. But why did AGA go with the standard button & safety instead of the shield type that they showed on the picture "new stuff" on this forum about a year ago? The 16" Danuvius has the shield type button & really makes that knife stand out. In my opinion AGA really blew it. They also should have made those wood scales avaliable thats on the pictured knife. In other words "make it like the first one you made in the picture, Angelo"! :?:
Larry
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: AGA Sicilian Question

Post by natcherly »

I agree. I have one of the prototypes with the shield button and prefer it to the standard round button and safety. The shield is flush so no safety is required.
Attachments
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG (107.93 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
john

Post by john »

Hello Lawrence and natcherly,
WOW :!: The shield and wood scales look wicked cool. I have the production version button with safety and horn scales. My knife had a ring pull, but I really didn't like it, so I had Bill DeShivs customize it for me with a fulcrum, just slip your thumb under it and the blade is released. The horn is very nice, but the prototype looks so cool.
John
ImageImage
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bama

Post by Bama »

8)
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: Great looking knives,can someone post a contact for these,THANKS!
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

not sure why they didnt use the shield button instead of the traditional button and safety set up but i was told by Angelo they will be making these again with shield button but will be like 12 or 13 inches in open position, the new 12's will be made with wood like what was used on proto types also with blond,blackhorn stag handles. now when these will be available i have no idea but these are planned for the future but as stated they will be slightly smaller at 12 or 13 inches open.
Thanks Bernie ******* Folgore Knives USA *******
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

panner wrote::) :!: Great looking knives,can someone post a contact for these,THANKS!
Hi if you are looking for the 16" size i have them available in stag,blond or blackhorn handles.
Thanks Bernie ******* Folgore Knives USA *******