Custom knife request

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Custom knife request

Post by J-man »

Hey guys I'm not sure if I'm going to get one but I was wondering if any knifemakers are willing to make a custom knife (switchblade).

Basically I need a plain mikov with a 2 1/2" (yes a smaller blade which is really hard to beleive, or something around that) blade with polished solid hardwood handles (Not dark, not light inbetween), Tanto , Nemo maybe you can help. And if anyone can do this how much would it be and how long would it take. And I don't know what Type of spring steal (low carbon or high carbon) Mikovs use but I want a high Carbon spring if possible.

Either PM or e-mail me if your serious on getting/making it and if anyone else (or people serious but also wanna post) with some suggestions etc. go right ahead an reply. And just to make it known the whole reason I'm making this topic is to get a mikov with a smaller blade! (2 1/2" auto dagger if possible or false double edge dagger or just a plain STRAIGHT blade or if you can get a size around that) or if you can make a custom knife with those features and looks exactly like a mikov but smaller or if someone can get a mikov with a 2 1/2" (or a size around that) auto blade, ydayaya ya know the story by now.

Thanks in advance;
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Spring steel is, by it's very nature, high carbon.
Bill
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill,
Almost full agreement, I have seen some precipitation hardened stainless spring stock but it did not impress me.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/ ... .htm~smain
I was thinking about trying to convert one of these to an auto...I will pick one up and see how it goes....Nemo
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Great site..Nemo..Had never thought of building my own knifes, but will give it a try. Seems like a nice past time.
Have good mechanical skills, have built a couple of street rods in my days.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Go for it!...you can do it...and it really is fun once you get it down...the hardest part is taking it slow and not forcing anything....did your mikov show up yet??....Nemo
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Not yet...Can't wait, should be in within the week..Thanks again
~RAZOR~
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Just received my Black Ebony Mikov from Nemo..Great looking knive..My only problem so far, is that i can't seem to put down...Must be a typical problem with all of Nemo's knives....
Once again....Great job Chad....... :P :P :P
~RAZOR~
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Razor,
Glad it got there ok...and I am so glad you like it!...that one just felt right if you know what I mean...I see knifeshop has a nice selection of Mikovs now too...that is so cool...I remember when most people had never heard of them.......Mikovs for everyone!!...........Nemo
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I know exactly what you mean, Nemo. This Mikov feels so right in the hand. Just seen a damascus blade mikov at knifeshop. Imagine how this would look with mammoth scales or that blood wood you use. Have to get one.
To bad they are not available yet. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~RAZOR~