Tinys Customer Pictures

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

topic?????

Post by Vagrant »

For those who haven't been here long enough to understand:
We get "off topic" frequently on this forum sooner or later we get back "on topic", that's the way it is.
Doris is an individual with a true wealth of Switchblade info. and excellent
computer/graphics skills BUT she Sometimes tends to be as pleasant as my ex. She has been far more pleasant than usual so I do not intend to
intentionally annoy her and will be polite as long as she is. [My temper and hers are not a good mix but I'm trying to behave]. If you put up with the off topic stuff when it happens there is an amazing amount of good
information here so stay tuned and you will enjoy.
Much of the off topic stuff is because we have similar other interests and have in some cases done business with each other and some of us have met in person, so we tend to go with the flow and let the thread choose it's own direction. If I missed any questions hopefully they will answer themselves if you hang around.
ray

Post by ray »

Hey Vagrant,
Your reply was very eloquently stated and as accurate as anyone could expect, especially a newcomer. We tend to be, as a group, very passionate about our avocation and as supportive of one another as a family can be. This does not, however, keep squabbling from occurring, but we have enough respect for each other to let time and caring for each other mend almost all wounds. GOOD JOB :!:
If there's one thing I have learned, there's a lot of things I don't know.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

Spoken like a true gentleman, sir. Sometimes, often times, well, all the times we jerks need to be reminded to maintain a level of polite decorum whence a lady is present. However! Methinks this "Doris" who has vehemently arisen is not the actual Black Widow of our historical forum record, but rather an airhat impostor with neither pride nor shame to prop up a spineless torso. Perhaps some 12 year old computer whiz-geek can unravel the mystery behind the source of fraudulent postings and expose the transgressor. I don't understand why one would come and go under new assumed web names, (unless of course one is vilified for being worthless ), instead of standing up for one's idiocy with one dependable moniker, such as myself, True Jerk, or my ol' pal Doofus, Emerited Jerk do.
'Tis true the real BW has a valid place amongst switchblade scholars, but, as we all can be, somewhat caustic and inappropriate in method, mode, or timing of public flame postings. So what? Let the one among ye' without sin cast the first kidney stone, 'eh?

So, let us catch the culprit prior to flaying, (an old N.H. favorite), then be done with it, so we can move on to more pertinent issues, such as 'Real or Imitation Horn'.

Just a thought-

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Now that I am back home and see my "double post" I understand why you thought I might have been sampling some Imitation Horn recepies. In fact, you were right. However, I do contend that the reason for my substandard posting technique was due to the questionable tools I was forced to use to communicate with you fine folks.

All,
On an earlier post I mentioned a Herbertz auto (KS) as a good carry. The more I use it, the better I like it. The only downside is that it seems a bit heavy, but it is an inexpensive, ultrasharp, rugged, ugly, modern, highly functional switchblade with a great kick, so I don't mind using and abusing it. Any other opinions on these knives?

Jim
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Eminent Wally,

As usual, there is more than one golden nugget in your post. Regarding your comment on polite decorum, I would like to have my kids get into collecting, but considering their age, as a dad, I won't introduce them to this forum as long as unnecessarily vulgar posts are as common as they are. It is too bad all who post don't heed your advice.

Given the mechanics of our forum, it is possible for a subversive to sign up and post under as many acronyms as she / he wishes. Therefore, I think we should be self-policing, and ignore those posts we consider to be inappropriate. In my opinion, we have a great forum and I would hate to see one (or a few) idiots ruin it.

I just let my 12 year old and a firend click a few of my switchblades and now I want to hear their responses.

Jim
Gort

imposters

Post by Gort »

Hola mi amigo, como es ta,

I concur, these postings do not have the feel of BW, nor are they
as eloquent (or truculent). On the old forum, without passwords,
'twas quite easy to tell who was posting. Not so here.

I am rarely caustic as it tends to corrode my gears.

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Methinks this "Doris" who has vehemently arisen is not the actual Black Widow of our historical forum record, [snip]
'Tis true the real BW has a valid place amongst switchblade scholars, but, as we all can be, somewhat caustic and inappropriate in method, mode, or timing of public flame postings.
Just a thought-

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
-Gort
ray

Post by ray »

To those of us who have concern,
I would bet a prefrontal lobotomy to a jug of Thunderchicken that "Doris" is NOT BW! Her attention to basic conventions of writing and the rules of the Queen's English dictate that this person is a scammer. PROVE ME WRONG, please.[/url]
If there's one thing I have learned, there's a lot of things I don't know.
doris

Post by doris »

Ray i will agree with your signature if you will agree with mine.
Help Stamp Out Stupid White Men!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. JimD.-

I concur on the youthful eyes needing shielding from forum crapola, I already was hard put to explain why Daddy's hobby site has a butcher knife dripping blood logo- So, I did what was necessary- a flimsy and transparent excuse.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

The spotlight kid wrote[blowme doris if it ain't vinnie airhead returned.]Looks like my first impressions upon smelling a rat could be correct.A jerk cannot hide the fact that he is a jerk!Even when he tries to hide behind someone elses reputation!Get yourself a life boy,and don't pretend to be any sort of a man,or woman, when you ain't got the balls to fill their shoes.the spotlight kid. :wink: