Repercussions of having shipments siezed

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KublaiKhan

Repercussions of having shipments siezed

Post by KublaiKhan »

I live in Australia, and I'm interested in purchasing some switches, but I'm a little apprehensive as to what will happen if the knives are confiscated by customs. I read on the SKM site that in the US, you won't be arrested etc, but does this hold for most countries? Also, are the stilettos sold on the SKM site picklock or bayonet? Never having used either, I don't really know which style is preferable.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I have no idea what the hell Austrila's laws are, but I live in Canada and I do know all of the common wealth countries which still use the crown as a common term in law have the same laws usually so my guess is it will be the same as here, it's the same in the U.S. but I have never ever gotten not even one customs seizure I'm just plain lucky and I've never used express shipping and from what I'm hear thats plain luck.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Khan,

Since you are a student, I suggest you research your country's laws governing automatic knives and importation. Here in the USA, they are banned on the Federal level, but every state has different laws. I live in California where everything is illegal, but I seem to get my greedy hands on just about anything I want. I suggest you buy at least 3 knives from SKM and see what happens.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

KublaiKahn,
You could ask a Lawyer [Barrister?] but in the U.S. he would probably charge $50 for an answer.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Hi KublaiKahn, Why not buy the do it yourself kits from SKM. Legal to buy if you don't install a spring... :wink: :wink:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
KublaiKhan

Post by KublaiKhan »

Razor:
I thought of that, but SKM informs me that the kits are considered just as illegal in the U.S because they are still stilettos. About Australia, no-one knows, and information is scarce.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Kahn,

Do this, buy some knives from SKM, have them shipped to your address under the Kahn name. If the Aussie customs gets them, just deny it. Now what could be more simple than that. Go get your blades, quit worrying about it and stay tuned right here for some outrageous shit.

Best Regards,

Bonz
doris

customs advice

Post by doris »

Khan im sure the asshole who gave you the above advice, would be happy to reimburse you if you lose your knives. no worries mate.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Hey Doris,

Regardless of whether the above advice was sound or not, tossing insulting epithets around like that is neither appropriate nor appreciated.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Well said Blade....If someone can't understand the levity on these threads..Just stay off....Insults should not be tolerated. :evil:

Insults like that are prime canidates for an additional hole in the head.....
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Dear Ms. Doris,

Ah! I hate to dissapoint you, but The Bonz will take a back seat on that one while you go after your own shadow. I remember you, or is it one of the other degenerates that was hanging around here? Hmmm, let me think... OK, there was:
Airblade (aka, Airhead)
Vini-Hat (who was re-incarnated from Airhead)
Heywood
BW?

Anyway, I consider an insult to be more of a compliment. You are welcome to hurl your digestive juices in any direction the Bonz may be standing, but I will not be offended. Nice try baby.

With lot's of Lovin,
oxoxoxoxoxoxox

Bonz
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Kahn,

If Aussie customs gets your blades, I'll spring for the bill, hell, I'll even throw a pint of Foster's in there as well.

Best Regards,

Bonz
doris

levity????????????

Post by doris »

Razor, "Levity around here" ,you must be joking. :roll:
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Doofus Emeritus wrote:Mr. Kahn,

If Aussie customs gets your blades, I'll spring for the bill, hell, I'll even throw a pint of Foster's in there as well.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Wow Bonz,

You may give Knifeshop some customer service competition with that offer. Keep going, and maybe they will try to one up you by sending sending a case of Beck's to anyone whose stuff gets nabbed. :lol:
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

I see you have made a new pal, the bloated arachnid, whose festering prose carries all the ladylike charm of the town pumphouse. In the old yellow paged forum, her signature icon was of a cartoon canine's posterior producing excrement, some sort of heraldic family symbol, one must assume.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse