Stag Fish Picklock Comparison Question

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Roccomo

Stag Fish Picklock Comparison Question

Post by Roccomo »

I got a really nice AKC stag 25cm fish from Tiny (thanks man) about a month ago. My question is: How do these new fish, as picklocks, compare to the old 50's stilettos? How do they compare in fit, finish, quality, blades, bolsters and any other aspect that you guys can come up with? I'm really curious about this and I dont have an old one to compare. I want to know how they stack up. Thanks
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

From what I've read on other forums the new ones are pretty close.
The spring may not be quite as fast but is pretty good and the button is
a little further forward [that's good, more controlable and easier to use].
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Look on the AKC site. I think it is http://www.akc.it. There are side by side pictures of the old and new. They are posted in the Forum part. I love my fishes. I have 3 of the 20 cm's.
Switchblade9

Post by Switchblade9 »

I have an old Latama fish and the comparison is a good one. As has been said the position of the button and the safety is different due to new parts being used, but other than that there is very little difference. The original fish knives weren't that well made to begin with. The fit and finish is certainly nowhere near what it would be on the standard picklock. If you've been hankerin' to add a fish to your collection, here's your chance. I paid some serious money for the Latama, but I've added several of the new models to the old collection without having to take out a second on the house or sell vital organs on eBay.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Of all the switches i own and no fish picklock. Whats wrong with me...My next order will surely be for a few fishes.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Switchblade 9-

Could you tell me- how does one go about selling vital organs on eBay? Do they accept atrophied, calcified or petrified organs? I have some relatively non-cancered, slightly abused, oops, I mean slighlty used vital organs that are just wasting space that I'd love to auction for fundage to be used for the upcoming Zoomie Mountain Labor Day Festival of Fools.

Awaiting the word-

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse