Expendables knives

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
horizonod

Expendables knives

Post by horizonod »

We went to see Sly Stallones new movie "the Expendables" tonight. It's a knife lovers wet dream. I was surprised to see knives in the movie that Sly got from us as well as a razor (Ceasar) that Sly sent me a picture of months ago in a request to have a larger version custom made. He didn't mention that it was IN the movie just sent had a pic of one like he wanted but wanted it bigger. I suggested the inscription "Slyce" rather than "Ceasar" for his. Sly agreed, Slyce it is. Maybe it will make it into the sequel.

It was pretty cool to have spoken to Sly several times over the past year or so and have him tell me about some of the knife scenes then actually see them.

This movie is a knife nuts fiesta. From Italian stilettos, Custom bowies, LOTS of throwing knives, Darrel Ralph custom auto and on n on.

Here are some pics lifted from the movie as well as the pic Sly sent me of the razor he wants made. The movie is pretty dark so the pics aren't great.

Here's an 11 inch Italian black horn we supplied being thrown.

Darryl Ralphs auto.

All in all an enjoyable fast paced action flick if you're not too fussy the plot.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
BTB0923

Re: Expendables knives

Post by BTB0923 »

Namedropper :twisted: Just kidding, that's awesome! I thought I saw an auto in the previews and was hoping for the opportunity to add this one to the "movie swtichblades" thread. Suspicion confirmed, thanks 8)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

LOTTS of knife throwing and fighting scenes in this flick. Probably more than any movie I can recall that wasn't medieval.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
lars

Post by lars »

That´s some very cool info, Mr. Horizonod!
Thanks for sharing all this!
Didn´t knew Sly Stallone was into this great hobby of ours...
Can´t wait to see the movie ASAP! :)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have been wanting to see this movie, so maybe I will today! Great to hear that you supplied the knives! I met Sly several times when he was filming Night Hawks in NYC ( back in my LEO dyas). He is a nice guy, Very short and thin, that camera adds alot! Thanks for the info as it will make the movie more interesting! How did he get to know of your business?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Don't want to hi-jack the thread, but since we are talking about The Expandables. I thought I would share this pic a buddy took while in Vegas. Pretty cool.

~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

We have several celeb clients. Here's a custom 20 inch Grampa Campolin fishtail Sly bought that ended up being a birthday present for Arnold Schwarzenegger. The "Gov" used it as a prop in a twitter video on cutting the budget. The media picked it up and acted like he was an axe murderer for "weilding" or "Brandishing" a "huge hunting knife". They never realized what it really was. It was SCARRY SHARP too. I put a hair popping edge on it before it shipped.

Here's Joey Pantaliano ( Joey Pants) from the Sapranos at Blade 2009 with one of our Paragon PARA-X OTfs in Turquoise. He picked it because that was his mothers favorite color.

There are some others that are more annonymous about their knife preferances.

Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

horizonod wrote:We have several celeb clients. Here's a custom 20 inch Grampa Campolin fishtail Sly bought that ended up being a birthday present for Arnold Schwarzenegger. The "Gov" used it as a prop in a twitter video on cutting the budget. The media picked it up and acted like he was an axe murderer for "weilding" or "Brandishing" a "huge hunting knife". They never realized what it really was. It was SCARRY SHARP too. I put a hair popping edge on it before it shipped.

Here's Joey Pantaliano ( Joey Pants) from the Sapranos at Blade 2009 with one of our Paragon PARA-X OTfs in Turquoise. He picked it because that was his mothers favorite color.

How much does one of those 20-inch Fishtail Piclocks run?
Fishtail Picklock
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

horizonod wrote:There are some others that are more annonymous about their knife preferances.
Yeah, don't let anyone know that I've been buying knives from you! :lol:
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:How much does one of those 20-inch Fishtail Piclocks run?
If I remember correctly, it was a one of a kind that was listed for $750.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah but does Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte comercials count as a celeb? Or just a guy with a 20 inch picklock in his pocket? :P :wink:
10.JPG
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

L.O.L!! That dude despreately needs a big crank but he can't afford good knives with his enzyt a dick tion.

Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I happen to know that they are made, one at a time by Papa Campolin (Maniago) in greater numbers than one. (I actually saw one in Tijuana shop in 2007!)

True story!
Fishtail Picklock
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

I'm sure there are probably more but they are few and far between.

Bookaroo

Post by Bookaroo »

Anyone else just a bit excited about this film? I can't wait to see THE EXPENDABLES featuring Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin, Randy Couture and more! In one film. Crazy. I can almost smell the testosterone!!! Roll on 2010 and... BRING ON THE EXPLOSIONS!!!

Some Expendables wallpapers & pictures samples:

Expendables Youtube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RU5y2fU6s
( The Expendables Trailer HD )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_OQpXk8vAQ
( Expendables official trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzeFfsOU4c
( Expendables official trailer 2)

...............................................................................................

A tie-in to the movie, Dynamite Comics are releasing a four-issue The Expendables miniseries from creators Chuck Dixon and Esteve Polls.

......................................................................................................

SOURCE : The Expendables unofficial fan site: