SAK Mikov

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Post by tanto »

J-man: During the communist regime (1948-89) Mikov was one of the biggest knife companies in Eastern Europe. The company was owned by state and its production was much higher than today. With the markets open and competition especially from China it is difficult for them to get to foreign countries now and the production decreased significantly in last 12 years. BTW ( :wink: regardless of what you saw on TV) we were never part of former USSR. We were just occupied by their army (from 08-21-68.)

Vagrant: I guess the left handled versions would be nice but I am not sure whether it would increase their market share....

David
Last edited by tanto on Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------

My knives + watches
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It would increase sales by at least two knives.
One Plastic handle for work and one Stag multi-blade for hunting/fishing.
Maybe a Cocobolo for weddings, parties, etc.
How about a special hunting model with saw and gutting blade?
Maybe a fishing model with saw and hook remover?
All correct-handed of course.
There are very few left-handed knives and 10%-13% of the market is left-handed. The first to recognise this market will get a large share of it.
tanto

Post by tanto »

8) Just send them an e-mail: info@mikov.cz ....
---------------

My knives + watches
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Hmmmmm interesting so it was more powerful when it was owned by the state? Sorry but I'm sort-a of a little for human freedoms. The guy who oringially wrote about it wanted everyone to be equal, own proptery and be able to bear arms etc. see how much things can get twisted around with maniuplation if it has extreme control. Well anywayz enough about my political views.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I see more and more Gun dealers selling CZ guns. Maybe Mikov should make a deal with CZ to put a brochure in with the guns. How about a special CZ/Mikov? [I love my CZ Air Rifle and my WW-2, 1938, Brno Mauser is a great Rifle].
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Vagrant, that's a good idea. In fact, anything at all Mikov can do to improve their profit margin without further tampering with the design would be a good idea. BTW, I've got a CZ Slavia 630 and agree it's a great rifle for the money, a fine plinker.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have the Slavia 631 [added manual barrel latch] it's a great pest gun
[mice, rats etc.] but with more power would be very interesting for small game. For more serious use I also have a CZ-52 pistol .30 cal. This is another very interesting gun. The .30 cal may be a little small but it's very fast, with some Czech surplus ammo going close to 1600 fps [Russian stuff in the same caliber does 1400 fps which is still pretty good]. The Czechs have a long history of making superior weapons. When the Germans occupied the Brno plant the first thing they did was lower the quality control standards on Brno Mausers, the Czechs were making them
too good!!!! My local Gun Shop has a CZ rifle in .22 cal. that has a straight pull bolt that I may have to buy sooner or later. I think the Mikovs are as well made as the CZ guns and that is very good but I'm sorry to hear about "cost cutting" methods being used. If I want a "cheap" knife I'll buy one from China. I am always willing to pay a little extra for quality.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Getting off topic...but I'd hardly be the first to do so :). Yes, the Slavia 630 isn't really suited for small game, though it's a good target rifle. If I'll be out all day hunting I take my BSA Super Sport because it's light. For shorter excursions I favor my Air Arms TX200. With either I can hunt on relatively small tracts near subdivisions where firearms would be out of the question. Okay, I think this was my first post that had nothing at all to do with switchblades--I don't intend to make a habit of it.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Good for you man, always stay off topic keep up the good work, beleive it or not it's good to have some offtopic stuff on a forum.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Blade Runner
My favorite small game airgun, Feinwerkbau 124s. An oldie but goodie, it was the first regular prodution airgun to break 800fps. I have others [now] that are more powerful but this one is lighter than they are, has very light recoil, and shoots like a target gun.
I just figured out that is I carry a leverlock in my left pocket and a Mikov in my right pocket, I can always reach one or the other. This means the Mikov is no longer a collection knife, it's a using knife.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

My favorite small game firearm is my Sig Sauer P220 .45. Squirrels just seem to vaporize.

:twisted:

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My Thompson Center Contender with the .45-70 barrel never needs more than one shot to stop any small game. You can skin what's left with the back side of a Dagger blade Stiletto. [Hell, you can skin what's left with the handle of a Leverlock].
Trying to stay on topic, please note knife references.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant,

Yeah, you're right about staying on topic. I wish I could afix a nice dark horn handled stiletto to my Sig as a bayonet (bayo blade of course).

BTW, I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who uses the next best thing to a tactical nuke for small game plinking.

Greyblade