forum knife poll

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

what type of forum knife?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:29 pm

9" stiletto
8%
11" stiletto
22%
13" stiletto
14%
8" classic leverlock
12%
8" hunting siegfried
No votes
8" leverlock
2%
9 1/2" leverlock
14%
11" swing guard
24%
new age auto
2%
butterfly
No votes

Total votes: 49

The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Spotlight,

What kind of world would this be if everybody got what they wanted? :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

A more fun one. :D :wink:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
floater

Post by floater »

I wouldn't cry if a LL eventually came out on top but I'm really leaning toward the 11" swing (dagger would be nice). I have noticed, however, that on both the AB and SKM sites the 11" swing is "currently not available" and has been for some time. Does anyone know what gives?
floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

One thing that should be considered is that for an SKM forum knife, the knife should (must?) be made by SKM, as opposed to being made by someone else and sold by SKM. This eliminates many of those being discussed. When he returns from vacation, perhaps Mick could give us some direction regarding what our choices might be.

Jim
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

I see my vote just busted a tie between 11" stiletto and 11" swing. (I've got a bunch of the former and only a few of the latter). Also noticed that if the two different leverlock votes were combined, they would be winning...hmmm. I'd be happy with any of these choices so its all good. Jim d's point however may indicate that the current vote is accedemic.
Last edited by Shiver on Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

so true, mr shiver, i have been hoping for the swin guard to win, even though i origonaly voted 11" stiletto...i never thought about the swinger not being produced curently by SKM...maybe a new leverpickswingerotfiletto? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. mrbigg,

The 11" swings are a mixed bag. If you're buying them sight unseen, you really don't know what you're getting. I have a few where you can actually bend them at the top bolsters next to the scales because of the thin liners, plus the lock up on a lot of these is really pissy. The 9" that have resurfaced are much more stout. I would'nt mind seeing one of those as a forum knife, and remember, Mr. Jim D, is right about the makers here, only the top 3 knives in this poll are made by AB/SKM, so Micky would have the final say on that one.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

that's a good point mr bonzo! both the 11" swingers i have aren't the best quality either...the 9" i have isn't much better....

i'm starting to like the idea someone came up with (sorry i forgot who) of members picking out a knife SKM stocks, and having the TB logo etched on the tang, with the SKM and the date on the other!?!? i don't freakin know.....this way at least you can have the knife you want! mr vagrant can have his LL....everyone will be happy! i think i'll put something like that in the vote-off round!

what do you guys think of this idea?
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

:wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"mr vagrant can have his LL."

They don't make the one I want any more.
MegaDave

Post by MegaDave »

15" kriss swingguard - That would be a hell of a knife ! 8)
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Now you're talking my language! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
floater

Post by floater »

If Massaro is mentioned by Mr. Arthas in the sticky "SKM/AB/Massaro holidays", does that make it cool to consider a Massaro "Old Fashioned Classic 8" ? I have some of the other LLs but none with this shape. I kinda like it!

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

The old fashioned would be my definite choice if it were in the running. One of the best knives made in italy.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

You wrote: "Mr. Jim D, is right about the makers here, only the top 3 knives in this poll are made by AB/SKM, so Micky would have the final say on that one". Since the swing guard, made by Jindiana, has a high percentage of votes, I assume that by top 3 you meant the three on the top of the list as opposed to the three with the most votes.

If my assumption is correct, then you are implying that the 9 1/2 inch leverlock is not made by SKM. Is this correct? I suspected that by virtue of the AB tang stamp, and the fact that Massaro does not sell this size, that they are made by SKM. Am I wrong?

Mr_edge,

We seem to form the same opinion of every knife. Remember my numerous praises of the Old Fashioned last year? Actually, Greyblade told me that based on my feedback he obtained one and was also well pleased.

In addition to the fact that mine is absolutely defect free and shaving sharp, the mirror finish on the blade is magnificent and does not have any of the haze that comes on so many knives.

Jim