forum knife poll

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

what type of forum knife?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:29 pm

9" stiletto
8%
11" stiletto
22%
13" stiletto
14%
8" classic leverlock
12%
8" hunting siegfried
No votes
8" leverlock
2%
9 1/2" leverlock
14%
11" swing guard
24%
new age auto
2%
butterfly
No votes

Total votes: 49

Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

Yes, I am implying that only the top 3 stilettos in the poll are made by AB/SKM. I was told by someone that only Massaro is making the leverlocks (I guess with the exception of the LeverLetto) in Italy. I could very well have been mislead, or quoted someone else out of context. I'm sure someone will come along and set the record straight. Now, you know as well that one maker in Italy will make knives for someone else. Wasn't it Ragtime Red who showed us all the various makers stamps at the AB factory?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Thanks for refreshing my memory, it seems to need it. You are right, we need to have someone set the record straight. This ideally would come from a Maniago resident.

Jim
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

It look like the swing guard has taken the lead.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Razor_54,

Yes, but it is the swing guard made by Jindiana.

Jim
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

View the introduction to this forum on the home page. Note that it states that the forum is sponsored by BOTH SKM and Massaro. Ponder the implications...

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

When you really think about it, since Micky has these knives for sale, maybe any of them deserves to be the forum knife afterall. I couldn't give a ratstuph's ass which knife is picked IMHO. I'm sure Wally would want a swing, since he's always pestering me for my swinguards, and I let him have the better of the 2 Vagrant sent me awhile back. I really don't care. If its a lever, fine. I was really impressed with the IHT knives. I wasn't expecting that kind of quality for imitation horn, and speaking of that, I wish Mr. JerrBeer would come back so I can pick on him some more. If anyone has his bottomfeeder address, let me know. I want to get a hold of him.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Perhaps I was just subconciously (of course) promoting my private agenda. As you know, I have experienced professional training in leverlock appreciation. My vote was for the the 9 1/2 incher. For some reason, although I always liked them, I dont have any. Regardless, it would make a great (can you read self-serving) forum knife.

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My love of LLs is well known. Here are some real reasons to consider one.
They are a better tool, you can actually use one a lot if you want.
They look less threatening to a non-knife person [or LEO].
The one I want is no longer available but if enough parts were found to make a few for forum members it might use up all the parts making the knife very exclusive.
We're knifenuts but even some of us don't own any LLs, how many don't own a Stiletto?
The "Powder Horn" handle is more ergonomic.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Bonzo wrote:I was told by someone that only Massaro is making the leverlocks (I guess with the exception of the LeverLetto)

I wish Mr. JerrBeer would come back so I can pick on him some more. If anyone has his bottomfeeder address, let me know. I want to get a hold of him.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to discover that Massaro is also making the Leverletto for AKC.... the design is heavily based on the "Old fashioned"

Mr. JerrBear's WEBTV addy is on his posts.

Best wishes
Teddy
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

jim d, wrote:Actually, Greyblade told me that based on my feedback he obtained one and was also well pleased.

Jim
That's absolutely correct! This knife is a winner and would only be better if it was longer (like so many things, come to think of it) and came with dark and light horn scales too!

Greyblade
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i'm gonna do the vote-off today or tommorow......my internet at home is kaput!

i sure wish mick would pipe up with his two bits on the subject!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"i sure wish mick would pipe up with his two bits on the subject!"

That might have a strong influence on our vote! Maybe we should give him a day or so, [maybe with everything closed he can't answer some of the important questions}.