BA: 9" Stiletto / blue mammoth ivory / damascus standar

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

BA: 9" Stiletto / blue mammoth ivory / damascus standar

Post by arthas »

Hi!

We featured the following knife on Blade Auction:

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=627677

A blue mammoth (external part of the tusk) masterpiece. ;-)

dexter
Last edited by arthas on Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Are the bolsters solid or stamped? Nickel silver or stainless? Do the liners extend to the ends of the finger guards? Nice scales.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Those are sweet looking scales obivously from the extrenal part of the tusk what kind of mammoth ivory was used (from which type of tusk if you know if it was from something that you wouldn't usually use?) but thats a spicy meat-a-ball i.e. Nice knife I would love that ! Ontario Piss Patrol (actually Ontario Provincal Police) would probably take it, plus thats pretty expenisve.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Great looking knife and worth the cost. I think i will place a bid on it.
J-Man as long as you don't have it hanging from your rear view mirror...Those Ontario Piss Patrol, as you put it, can do SFA about it.

One question off the subject...J-Man how's the garbage strike going..with the heat we are having it must be hard to open your windows for a bit of fresh air. Does it only affect Toronto or the subburbs.....
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
J-man

Post by J-man »

Well in southren Ontario, everything is crammed into one big giant city (not legally but when theres only 6 or 7 farms on a 30 minute drive down Highway 11 and a trip down the 401 it seems like that), I can take a bus and be in Niagra Falls in about 60 minutes, I live just north of york region so the Garbage strike doesn't effect me much but all I have todo is drive down the road for while clicking a switch a few times and I suddenly in North Toronto and I smell garbage, it's a bitch but I live just north of the pile ups and it effects all of Toronto, the GTA and York region. I live in Simcoe which is just North of York Region so It doesn't effect much but theres talk of a strike here, altough when I was in Downtown Toronto for a Jay's game a angry garbage worker threw a brick at my car! Smashed in the back left door! Of corse I started yelling and then a Toronto Cop came up maced the guy and cuffed him, basically they got the guy to pay for repairs, but he tried to spit on me after the hearing (didn't even get too small claims) but a few days ago I smelt wood smoke, can't believe it's coming from north of you razor!

And one more thing Razor I didn't mean to offend you since your an ex-cop and all, but in a town where the O.P.P provincal headquaters is on the outskrits of town and theres a dount shop on everyblock with cops in them all the time while on the other side of the street a pizza guy runs out with a butcher knife after some punks we're holding up the place you could probably pull better policing out of your ass razor. This happens all the time in my town (no this isn't an exaggeration at all!) I've been jumped twice in a year and I report it, nothing happens I must admit there are some good cops in this town but alot of rouge ones.
Enough about my crappy town, how's your side of Montreal?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Not one bit offended, J-Man....I've had my run ins with the OPP and some of them are assholes just like here.
We had a huge fire over the weekend on Sunday up north from where i live. The whole sky was orange from sunrise to sunset. Kind of freaky when i got up Sunday morning as if i was wearing sunglasses. Last week we had temperatures in the high 30's, you must must have similar temperatures. Very dry and hot. Good temp for a few cold ones.
I hope this last, have some vacation time towards end of July.
Know Simcoe and North York very well...Have a few freinds who work for ADP, a large payroll company. Get to visit once in awhile.
~RAZOR~
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The smoke made it all the way to New Hampshire. A fair precentage of
people woke up and saw it was dark and figured it was going to rain. Because of this there was not a good growd at the flea market. Bottom line---- I'm running a non-profit organization so far this year [I'm glad I have a "real job", I'd starve to death on knife sales].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Forgot to mention..we have a donut shop on Decarie street in Montreal that is right next door to a cop station. Probably have inter connecting doors in the rear. I'll try and get a picture and send to you, J-Man, and have it posted. No i didn't work in that location. :wink:
~RAZOR~
J-man

Post by J-man »

If ya can't get it up send it to me via e-mail and I'll put it up.
zinvino

Post by zinvino »

I wasn't around TB.I or BA when this was posted, so I missed out. Those blue scales (at least the one shown) are (is) gorgeous! It doesn't look like the item sold on BA. Don't suppose it is still available? Are there any more with scales that blue? I'd really like to have an 11" with the those blue scales and a damascus dagger blade!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

zinvino wrote:I wasn't around TB.I or BA when this was posted, so I missed out. Those blue scales (at least the one shown) are (is) gorgeous! It doesn't look like the item sold on BA. Don't suppose it is still available? Are there any more with scales that blue? I'd really like to have an 11" with the those blue scales and a damascus dagger blade!
The knife is still available, I'll contact you privately.