WTF!!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

WTF!!!!

Post by J-man »

My magic knife kit's spring just snapped into two!!!!!!!! :x :evil: :twisted: :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay this is just a follow-up to my previous post. I'm un screwing it and Anyhow I just e-mailed skm, I will get a reply tommorow probably.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Talking of springs and stuff how long can I expect my AB stiletto to last without something breaking,right now its just about right as the release bolster has loosened up a lot and now its great.Are they easy to fix as I dont see any screws just those brass pins,I have a feeling it would be easier and cheaper to just buy another one. :?

:arrow: BRE/\/STER :!:
So you wanna play rough huh??
Say hello to my little friend!!
J-man

Post by J-man »

Hmmm brenster you don't read much about knives do you, okay what you do is
First Support the rivet head of one side of the knife on something substantial like a shop vise or a piece of wood.
Gently tap the rivet head on the opposite side with a small hammer.
Operate the knife's action to check results, and repeat the proceedure on the opposite side if necessary.
Continue the proceedure until the desired results are achieved. Be sure to GENTLY tap the rivet heads, being certain that they are not over tightened.
The locking pin on the blade may also be peened in this method to slightly enlarge it to better fit it's corresponding hole in the locking plate.
Support the knife (closed position)by laying the locking plate flat on a hard surface with the locking pin pointing upwards.
Gently strike the top of the locking pin with a small hammer, checking the knife's action afterwards.
Continue this proceedure until the locking pin swells in diameter to better fit the hole in the locking plate. Be cautious to proceed slowly. If the locking pin becomes too large to fit the hole, excess may be removed with a small file. even a nail file will do the trick.
Actually I just added a few things that I copied from the skm helpdesk.

"A little copier"!
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Wtf is reading then whats that all about?
Thanks for the info,sounds a bit complicated for my ape like fingers but if it breaks then I wouldnt be doing it any harm even though I have the touch of a baby elephant. :roll:

:twisted: YADDA YADDA :twisted:
airblade

Post by airblade »

:?:
Last edited by airblade on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Brenster,

You just got some very good advice. Except for the post just above mine. If you do have a next victim, a trip across the pond could be arranged for a little visit to our friend Airhead. :lol:

Mr. Airhead,

I see your location is Hell. Does that mean you carry a pitchfork instead of a switchblade?

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Roccomo

Service life question.

Post by Roccomo »

Brenster.. You ask the question thats long been of great interest to me. Just how long will that AB stiletto last? I've carried and used all types of autos over the last 15 years or so and have had only two spring failures. The first was an Edge Co. 'Corsican Clip Point' (anyone remember those?). Reason there was that I opened and closed the knife way too often just playing around with it. It got abused beyond its design capability. So if you want to have your AB last a long time open it only when really needed. The second failure was my Hubertus springer and that was due to time in service. 7 years..not too bad for a daily use kick spring. This knife was also open each evening to rest the spring a bit and was also given a week or two a year to really relax. I replaced the spring and still use it to this day. So you might try some ( or none) of this stuff. Your stiletto will last as long as you want to take care of it. You'll probably find the button safety getting loose (some day) before anything else goes on it. Later
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Good advice there Rocc cheers,I wouldnt mind being a switch-blade though being allowed to relax every evening and a couple of weeks a year off to really relax that sounds great can I have that job? :wink:

Talking of my victims Mr Airblade can I have my knife back please,if you look over your shoulder you will find it stuck in your back somewhere.Thanks awfully old bean send it us back in a jiffy bag will you and please clean your blood of it theres a good chap. :twisted: :wink: :lol:

:!: BRE/\/STER :!:
airblade

Post by airblade »

:?:
Last edited by airblade on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-man

Post by J-man »

YAY :D !!!!!! Skm gonna send me a new kit free of charge!!! Hopefully this magic knife kit's spring doesn't bust. On another note, I'm also going to pick a Kershaw Scallion Combo egde, and if I feel like it maybe a whirlwind too. I could probably goto the only gunshop thats in this god for saken country (well theres one every other province) just kidding. Gun and weapons control just before 1996 was much less strict, infact it was probably more laid back then Texas law was Twenty years ago and in those twenty years it's almost like the U.K's laws. So every few towns they have a real outdoor/fishing/hunting place. But anyhow I hope I get my kit soon! Besides I don't Hunt anywayz sometimes I fish and camp. Oh well I shut-up now!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

J-Man, i have a few Kershaw's and you will be very happy with these knives. I have a chive model i carry on a key chain. This is no toy knife like some readers have mentioned.
You are absolutely right, in this forsaken country it is a pain in the ass to get a legit handgun or knive even for an ex-cop who know has to follow the law just like anyother citizen.
I have to use some of my old connections to acquire what i need.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Keepers of The Watch-

Oh boy! I see there is finally some combative banter and drivel that may need inflammation by your ol' pal, Wally. O.K. who's gonna be the first to stand on the X for the cold kiss of the wet truncheon? This airy fellow who claims to be from the brimstone netherworld looks like a likely volunteer. One must provide receipt from Charon before claiming Hades as home, you know- unless it's a lightweight self ploy to appear ferocious. Just a thought, I will have to consult further with my spiritual advisor, Dr. Yermazaho before rendering any judgement or Wally grudge program.

Can I have another shock, doc?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Knife thread; anyone ever actually see the Microtech OTF with collapsing folding guards as featured in the old Newsletter in real life? I wonder who owns that jewel.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Hey Wally, try the following site; I had seen the otf you mentioned and was called the Materpiece II.

http://WWW.TADGEAR.COM
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Razor 54-

Thanks for the site tip, but I did not find the knife I asked about within. I am looking now at Vol. 6 No. 1 page 10 of the Automatic Knife Resource Guide and Newsletter, circa 1997, which shows this unusual design by Tony Marfione at Microtech. The amazing detail aspect of this front opening Italian stiletto is it's folding guards, which are independently and individually pivoted under coil spring tension, and disappear completely inside the handle when blade retracts.

If any of yonder forumites posses this issue, and the equipment plus savvy to post the photos onsite, there will be much enlightenment and coveting. It's a beauty.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse